Tuesday, October 10, 2006

tuesday, oct 10...


I guess I've just had a big fuckin' problem with my attitude lately...sometimes blogging just seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. My life is still a clusterfuck, and I don't know what to do with it. Or, in Kev's way with words, 'looks like a monkey fuckin' a football'. Ignoring it doesn't seem to work anymore...
Oh well, we did go to a big birthday/Halloween party Saturday night, and that was fun. Dee Snyder (Twisted Sister) was there, too. Well, no, not really, but he sure as hell looked like him (only better!). There were about 30-50 people there, most of us dressed up (I was a snowboard accident victim, had my leg all bandaged up, in my wheelchair, with Zack's snowboard on the back). And the guy in the Dee Snyder costume won the sexiest costume! Not surprising...the bride in the background of the picture won the best costume...she had a clock she made hanging around her neck that said 'biological clock'. Funny, but you kinda had to know her & the groom (who was a really ugly zombie, with a green rotted face in a tux!).
Okay, and thanks to Cora for directing me to the article on msn about how you should NOT use preparation H on your face! I guess because they said it's a medicine, not a cosmetic!!
Another thing about hemmorroids in a commercial I heard yesterday, and apologies go out to anyone with this problem. I laughed my ass off (how appropiate...). It said that 80% of Americans suffer from hemmorroids. And all I could think was "and the other 20% enjoy them..." Oh, quit it! I take laughs where I can find them.
I'm sick of hearing about the senator who had im sex with a page. Yes, it's so sick I wanna puke...and it's right that he stepped down...and, no, I'm not saying that the republicans are always right, and democrats are all wrong. I'm getting a little sick of politics right now cuz everything's about what the other party did wrong. But, lemme throw this in...democrats are so big on saying how bad this is, and how an elected official should never do that...have they forgotten what Bill Clinton did?? The big difference if that Monica Lewinsky was female. But she was still 'a young girl', not a young man. Huh. Go figure. And don't bash me for my opinion...if ya can't say something nice, don't say anything. I've got enough shit on my plate right now!
Damn, I guess only one chocolate cream-filled doughnut & one Coke wasn't enough, my attitude's still here. Maybe I need more caffeine...yeah, that's it.
Oh, I got the nicest card & stuff in the mail last week from a friend, well, I started babysitting for her baby boy right after he was born, when I was in 9th grade. And she's always been the person I wanted to be. But she and her husband moved to Michigan not long after she had her daughter 5 years later, and we lost touch...but I knew the town they moved to, and that her mom lived in, but, well, I got married, graduated, had Tif, and life got busy, ya know how it goes. Then one day, a few years ago, I decided to see if I could find her, and called info for the town they'd been in. There was no listing for her, but there was one in her maiden name, with an odd first initial, and I said "Hey! Give me that!" And it was her mom, who remembered me, and then she said my friend was there visiting, hold on, and gave her the phone! Wow! Lots of laughing, crying, and everything else! She was thru all kinda shit too, divorced, had gone to college again, after quitting law school when she was here, was then in a good job, etc, kids were great, yadayadayada...Now we email all the time, talk on the phone, Tif and I went up there and stayed with her & her now-husband for a weekend, she had a dinner party, and I got to see everyone in her family again, & meet her friends, she even told everyone at dinner that I was probly the reason she was still here, cuz when I was in 9th grade & her life was shitty, we were out walking her dog one night, and I told her I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. And she still remembered that!!
So, her house is right on a lake up there, and they have a boat on it, a jet-ski, and everything, and we went out on the boat one evening (everyone, after dinner). There were stairs down to their dock from their back door, and I did good going down them (and, no, I didn't fall down them!). but getting back up was tuff...all of a sudden, the son that I babysat for for the first 5 years of his life, came up behind me and scooped me up, and carried me up them! I told him to put me down, I felt stupid with him carrying me! He laughed and said, "You carried me a lot when I was little, I'm just returning the favor!". Wow..I said, yeah, but you usually had a poopy diaper...I don't!!
My friend was 27 when she had him, and I was, what, 14 or 15. And I think her son was about 25 when we went up there and Tif was 19...I told her that's the guy you should go after! She said no, he's old, and he's got dark hair (she was hooked on blonds then...not now, Zak's got dark hair & eyebrows too!).
Okay...now it's too much caffeine...gotta go clean the refrigerator or something.....
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: