Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday..




Clear
9°F
Feels like: -3°F





Do you believe this shit?? Right now, it's 12:57 pm. And, yes, believe it or not, I've been up since 9 am. And I keep watching for DHL delivery truck. Kevin ordered Windows Vista from Dell, the day it was available to order off the website. A few days after that, they emld that he couldn't get it til March 9...then they emailed him Tuesday morning, said it shipped out that day, and it was coming on overnight delivery...in which case it should've been here yesterday, right??? Well....I'm still waiting!
Schools all over the place are closed, delayed, their water pipes have frozen & broken, or they have no heat...Woo Hoo! Yeah, like I care! Shit, exactly how spoiled are the little kidlets these days? Well, lemme tellya, and I think you'd all agree with me...If the heat went out one winter day at our school, we'd be told on the radio that there was no heat in the building...so wear lots of warm clothes! Yup...simpler times....one of my VERY FAVORITE TOYS was a big ol' bedspring-looking thing, called...a SLINKY!! And people are getting shot over a PS3? Heck, Tuesday morning (Tiffany Tuesday!), she was giving the weather report on the station, like always...and from 6 to 9 am the temperature was -5F, wind chill -12...
No wonder a woman called the station that morning and reported a penguin standing out beside rt. 309.
That reminds me of the time when Tif was maybe 8, I was looking out in the backyard and saw a really pretty bird, and I said 'Tif, come & see what 's in the backyard!' She was heading out there and said 'What?'...I said I think it was a kangaroo...
Okay...I've got another huge piece of pineapple upside-down cake calling me! hear it? "Eat me, eat me!!"
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: