Sunday, May 15, 2005

learning...

Well, this morning, I woke up, and Tiffany was in the bathroom doing her hair, and talking to Kevin, who was in here on the computer. I just stayed in bed & listened to the them talk, and I learned all kinds of shit!! It was hilarious!! Tiff & Ricky (her boyfriend) were up at the new tattoo & body piercing shop yesterday, Ricky's friend works there/owns it. And they were talking about the stuff...Tiff was talking about the tattoos she has (2), one on her ankle, and one on the small of her back (Kevin calls that a 'tramp stamp')! And piercings...she has both ears pierced twice, her bellybutton pierced (I took her to get that done when she was 16...and I had it done too!), and she has the left side of her nose pierced! But that's at least tasteful...it's a very small ruby, you can hardly see it! So...Tiff was telling Kevin everything people had had pierced up there, their nipples, bellybuttons, and some women have even gone there to get their, well, their clitoris pierced! OWWWW! That hurt just to type it!! And then Tiff said some guy had his 'septum' pierced (that thing in your nose between your nostrils), and had a barbell through it. I started laughing right then, and said, "Did anyone have their 'scrotum' pierced too? Well, hopefully, you wouldn't have SEEN that!" And she said no, but they had told her they knew somebody who had...OWWWW for that too!! The guy who pierced our bellybuttons at the other shop was named 'Fester' (do you believe that shit?? And I let him come at me & my daughter with a 4 or 5 inch needle!). That was funny, cuz he walked in the back room where we were waiting, wearing like, a big black monk's robe that hung down to the floor, & his face was all pierced up (eyebrows, nose, upper lip, etc). So, he walked in & said "well, who's first?" and Tiff & I pointed at each other...then she said "Mommy...". Who can say no then? So I got on the table & lay on my back, and when Fester walked up to me with the needle (did I say how BIG it was?), I started laughing...hard! He said if I didn't stop laughing, it might be crooked. That's all it took, I shut up! So he did it, it wasn't too bed...then I got down, & Tiff got up there, and immediately started doing the 'snif, snif' thing, so I scooted over and held her hand, and as soon as he was done with hers and she sat up, she bawled! I felt awful, even though it had been something SHE wanted to do! How sucky is that?? The curse of motherhood...
So, today Kevin, and k, and k2 & her husband, k's girlfriend went to the Nascar truck race...it's only about 45 minutes from here. k gave everybody tickets to it last year & this year for Christmas. But...last year we all loaded up in our cars to go over there. It had been really bad weather all weekend, and had just finished raining. So, it was impossible for us to park anywhere that we could have used my wheelchair cuz it was all mud...we couldn't have even gone from the field where we were supposed to park, even if we'd been able to find a place, to the stands where the seats were! That sucked, but I felt much worse for Kev than I did for myself. Cuz I'm not into racing at all, even though Kev & all of the rest love it! But Kev said 'don't worry about it, wanna go to Best Buy?' Is he perfect, or what? So, when I found out a few days ago that the race was this weekend and we had tickets, I kinda hem-hawed around, and then said, well, I'd rather not go, if that's ok? He said that's ok. Damn, I'm so glad I don't hafta go and pretend to like racing. I guess there is a bright side to not being able to walk...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: