Tuesday, November 10, 2009

...breaking in for a health update...





See why I love Halloween?? How could anybody look at these kids having fun, and say it's evil?? Why take a fun dress-up and get candy holiday away from kids? Let kids be kids, for heaven's sake!!


Well, I finally did it...went and got my thyroid ultrasounded last week, & my dr's office called today and I have a goiter!~! OMFG, how gross & disgusting does that sound?? At least it's not so big it shows...all I could think of is the old lady on Seinfeld, that had the goiter on her neck the size of a football! Ack! Anyway my dr set up an appt for me to see another dr about it, I guess he's a goiterologist? This is mostly funny cuz I was at H's salon yesterday getting my hair cut, and I told her I had an ultrasound on my thyroid last week, and she just stood there and then said "Maybe it's a goiter?" and I just started laughing (her too), cuz that's just a funny-sounding word, isn't it? Anyway, now I need to call her & congratulate her on her guess...or yell at her cuz she cursed me?


Tif's starting to show, well, I guess she should, she's 6 months now. And her girl dog, Lily, had 5 puppies Saturday! The father is her other dog, Samson. Lily is a miniature Italian greyhound. Samson is a German Shepherd/Lab mix. I know they'll be cute, but, what a picture in your head! Okay, I have a picture of Lily & the puppies up at the top. They'll be ready to find new homes right around Christmas, so, if you have a kid that wants a dog, well...
I already gave in and did a "grandma thing"...the hospital was having a book sale last week, & the profit goes to some of the nurses' groups...I CANNOT avoid a book sale, c'mon! So I bought 2 huge hardcover Dr Seuss books, with good pictures! For Talan, of course! For Christmas, ya know...Even though he's not due til Feb 4th...
Bro called tonight & I said something to him about "your brother, G" (psycho). He said, "Oh, now he's just MY brother, not yours too?? I had to put up with him for 11 years longer than you did!" I told him G was here the Sunday after Halloween for hours. He said, okay, I guess that's like 5 years for you...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: