Saturday, July 31, 2010

hurry up, apartment people!! i want to be there while it's still warm enough to swim!!







So, see? That up there at the top left is total proof that Truman got all health-checked last week! I mean, the guy is so unbelieveably healthy...not a flea, nothin'! The only thing they said was that he needs to come back for a tooth-cleaning in the fall...he has tartar...:-/ And, how's this for synchronicity...he's 11 1/2 years old...weighs 11 1/2 lbs!
Then there's Tif & Mr Handsome...& at the bottom is my nephew's dog...she's so pretty! Stella, I think that's her name!
Do you know people who have grown up in the same family, but all live totally different ways? And don't you wonder how & why that happens? I just like to wonder about why stuff like that happens...cuz, personality-wise, Bro & I are the fun, outgoing personalities...the other...no. But Bro won't live in town for anything! Ever since he & his wife got married (I was only 12!), they had their first house in town, and lived in that for a few years, then sold that, & got their huge, old drafty, but beautiful 3 story old farmhouse & barns in the middle of cornfields...really...neat...but I would never want to live 10 or 15 miles out of town. The outside of the house & yards & barns was just a scary movie waiting to be written! Then a few years ago, they moved from there to 10 or 15 miles out of town in the opposite direction! It's a totally different looking house, very modern...no cornfields, it's just on a few acres of woods...but what happens if you wake up at 3 am some night craving Twinkies? Huh? Whatcha gonna do then? I spend most of my life worrying about stuff that's never gonna happen...well, maybe it won't happen cuz I already have a plan...I know that when Tif & I had our second apartment when she was about 2, I planned like crazy because we lived here in Marion, I drove to work every day an hour north...Heck, I even planned what if someone broke in & tried to get us? I don't have a gun, or anything, but the first thing I did was put my trusty Ginsu knife up on top of a picture frame in my bedroom. It was a framed 8X10 pic a friend took of Pilot Mountain in NC! Never had to use it, but, I always knew it was there.
Now everybody can see exactly what 3 grams of iv steroids does to your brain in 3 days to be followed by 6 days of oral prednisone...my brain works TOO fast then!
Well, Kevin1's son called at 1 this afternoon to ask if I wanted him to work on my mowing and I guess there's a lot of yard junk, like tall grass & wood out back behind the fence beside the garage & the alley. I never knew it was there, cuz, well, I can't walk out & look....but the health dept guy showed up here a few weeks ago, and said they'd received a complaint about the grass in my yard being too high! I felt bad for that nice guy, having to come here and bitch out a woman who came to the door in a wheelchair, cuz her lawn needed work...:-D. So I was im'ng with Kevin1 til about 430am, and I had said something about it , and he said he'd ask his son if he'd do it...And, OMG, he did! Wow...just wow...seriously, I still haven't got together with him, and it was way too hot to do the 4th of July thing with him & his wife...(and maybe their girlfriend...)...not for me, but, if it works for them, I'm happy for them! People are so nice, I'm amazed all the time! I just must be the luckiest person, cuz I never meet up with bitchy people.

12 comments:

Sharon Day said...

Libby-Girl;
I so love your posts! The pictures were adorable! I had a brother 13 years older than me. I was an aunt at 11. In fact, my sister-in-law was my substitute teacher in 6th grade. How embarrassing is that? hee hee. Our family spat out a cold-hearted doctor who is a religious freak, a tender-hearted nurse with sensitive feelings, a rebel pot-smoking hippie, a perfect technical worker with a 4.0 average and then crazy me. Yeah, you can grow up in the same house--five different points of view. I'm glad I take after my bubbly huggy dad. My mom was a cold-hearted lady who hated children. Can you imagine?

Libby said...

yeah, it is weird when you think about it!there were only 3 of us kids, bro was 11 when i was born, the other brother was 13 when i was born...then me...spoiled half to death by my #1 mom...she had wanted a daughter really bad, but i think i was just more 'out there' than what shed expected!

Unknown said...

Truman looks a bit pissed.

You mean you never had to use the picture or the knife?

Libby said...

sj, he DOES look pissed...which is why i was glad kev took him to the vet! maybe he's a little humiliated cuz now his weight's all out there for everybody to talk about...

Unknown said...

Beautiful animals, makes me mise my 2 cats....
I like the new format (or has it been like this awhile and i have not visited?)

Libby said...

joeyk, i've missed you! i messed up my old blog, so i'm trying this one...i like it! ...yeah, truman is the man in my life now, and i'm happy with that!

Dharma Kelleher said...

You posts are like rain in the desert. And oh, btw, we are currently experiencing rain in the desert here.

Peace out!

Libby said...

dharma, that is one of the coolest things anyone's said to me, you are so nice! thank you! now, rain in the desert's a good thing, right? doesn't make it even hotter, & sticky? lol!~

Unknown said...

Ridiculous about the complaint about the grass. I'm sure the inspector did feel foolish. Wonderful pictures and that's a swell looking cat. I would get one myself if I had a place!!!!

Have Myelin? said...

you are just so funny. you make me smile even when i don't want to smile.

dammit.

Libby said...

sherry...that makes me happy that i can do that to you/for you..

ricardo...hes all pissed at me now, cuz he was licking my hands non stop & i said "KNOCK IT OFF!! YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A DOG!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site libybil.blogspot.com
Is this possible?