Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ummm...one MORE day...




Okay...the left side is the other half of the master bedroom closet, and the picture on the right is the front closet at the back of the living room. Just a quick look looks like it's a really long closet (perspective-wise, you know!), but it's actually just a regular closet they poked in there because there was room for it (the people who designed these apartments were on their A-game, what with the w/d in a walk in bedroom closet, & fitting a closet in under the steps to the 2nd floor!). Brilliant! This is the kind of off-the-wall stuff I'm in love with!
Kevin helped me out Friday by taking our son (lol), Truman, to the vet to get caught up on his shots & a check-up...I didn't really want to go with them...Truman would shun me forever! But I paid for it...$100...he's lucky I like him..
So everything's done except for me getting to the bank tomorrow & getting my affidavit notarized saying I get no money from my first husband...as if! If I did, could I even be on my second marriage?? This is it. Two strikes is plenty for me!
After all that, I had an appointment with my neuro today, and that was full of nothing but good news, too! She said I look good (no, I didn't say 'I know that' lol). I actually walked a couple steps over to the scale...I'm only at 89 lbs, which just bites!! So she took my suggestion, and I get iv steroids Wed, Thurs & Friday, and then take prednisone for 12 days...that's what I've been begging for forever!! I am SO happy! And I was honest with her & told her, no, i haven't been taking my avonex shots once a week like I'm s'posed to, matter of fact, I haven't had ANY avonex since before my thyroid surgery in April! She said, well, you're doing nothing but better since you stopped, right? I said, right...so she said then stay off it. And she's starting me on the new ms pill that just got approved! Fingolimod, that's it! I was originally going to be in the phase 3 trial, but when they did my eeg, it showed that I had a seizure disorder, so I got booted...boooooo! At least it's a good drug now...must be the way it was supposed to go, I guess...
I even was able to find jeans that fit me! Ebay to the rescue...only place I could find size 00 jeans!! woohoo!!
More shopping...I got a pair of tennis shoes that look like Reebok or something...white with light blue trim from WalMart.com...$10.86 including shipping!! Gotta love online shopping when they have free shipping, & 'online only' deals!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the closet space! Yay you! And also, love the deal on the shoes. I heart sales! Glad to hear the dr. went well. All in all lots of hugs and YAY to you!

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I am SO excited for you! Yeahhhhh! Sigh, after days and days of horrible news, bad weather, and a long day at the hospital with mom- you have no idea how much this post lifted my spirits. I am HAPPY- for you :)

One little tip about unpacking- take your time! Bathroom and bedroom stuff get unpacked first :)
Hugs and enjoy every second of your new life in a new place ♥

Have Myelin? said...

I just luvvvvv the Divorce Czar thing you have going on. I mean a notoriously public signature was required for the government? (yes I spelled it that way on purpose...lol) Cracks me up!

Your apartment is beaaauuutiful. I can't wait to see it all done up.

Good news about the doctor! A seizure disorder? Can one have one without knowing about it? LOL.

Woohoo, new clothes! =)

Shiny Rod said...

Your getting there!!! Oh, the quest for degree is over, I finished my final class in June and waiting for my degree to be mailed to me. Now for phase two, new job!!! Woot!!!

Unknown said...

Wow imagine all the skeleton you could hide in those closets! Consider a career in politics :)

Dharma Kelleher said...

Sending lots of healing energy!

Have Myelin? said...

Have your shoes and jeans arrived? =)

Herrad said...

Hi Libby
I can't wait either to see pics of your new place.
Love,
Herrad

Libby said...

sherry, everything got here in 2 days! &, i knew i had a seizure prob...had a few grand mal seizures about 10 yrs ago, & have been taking lamictal twc a day since then!

X. Dell said...

Lemme get this straight. Does Kevin have joint custody, or just visitation rights? Are we going to see his photograph at the post office on a poster of deadbeat parents?

I met a guy who had gotten married to nine different women (one at a time, of course). I guess he should have followed ASA rules just like you.

Libby said...

x, eveybody knows that 3 strikes you're out, don't they??
& kev's got liberal visitation rights, but i've got tru covered when it comes to $$!

Unknown said...

So glad you told me to come by! WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!! I am so happy. With the IV steroids, you may be "muscular" enough to play a uniformed cop in "Blue Bloods," before you know it.

Libby said...

ricardo,no, i dont want to be on tv, but i'd be happy to write for a smartass standup comedian, if you run into any?

Unknown said...

No comedians but if I do, why not an introduction?

Libby said...

ric, sounds great...my forte is smartass, so, do what you love, and you'll never have to feel like it's a job, right?

Sharon Day said...

I'm soooo excited for you!

Libby said...

autumn...believe it or not, my life has taken leaps up the hillside out of the quicksand i was drowning in since i started the clock & hung it up! so thank you for making it!!