Wednesday, October 14, 2009

better today, hopefully for a long time!






Finally, today I feel like living again...not that I'dve done anything about it if I didn't...remember, I'm gonna be Talan's grandma in a few months...suffice it to say that today's the first time, I think, that I felt good enough to go out on my scooter to the bank, the gas station, etc. In the last couple weeks, my right arm & hand weren't working even close to normal! For the last couple days, I couldn't even hold my right hand out straight, it was like curled up. And that sucked worse than you can even imagine, to sit here for days, wondering if this is what it's gonna be like for the rest of my life *snif, snif*...but today I got up at 10, and could straighten out my hand!
Okay, I'm done with that shit...I don't feel as good as I did before, but, I'll take what I can get! Anything at all is a gift!
The top picture up there is the house that mine & Tif's first apartment was in. She was almost a year & a half, & I was, well, I guess 19 & a half? We lived in the front left hand apartment. That was one of the many spooky old houses in town that were made into apartments. It was split up into 4 apartments, each one had an upstairs & downstairs. My neighbor on the right-hand side was a great guy! He was probably the only other person I've ever met that did goofy stuff & laughed as much as me! Just an example...one night it was all cloudy & windy & everything, and dark, of course. The one bedroom in the apartment was in the upstairs front. It was plenty big enough for my bed and Tif's crib across the room, and there was a huge closet. So Tif & I were in bed and it was probly about midnight...all of a sudden I heard something outside the window, like scratching...then again...then once more, I thought, well, okay, must be the trees, from the wind. Then there was a freakin' knocking on the window!! I ran over and crouched all the way down and peered out under the curtains...it was Scott, my goofy next-door neighbor on my roof!! He'd crawled out of his bedroom window & over onto my roof! Holy crap! He was a bigger nut than me! Good thing I didn't scream & scare Tif to death.
The next pictures are of the huge house right down the street from the Harding Home, on the block I grew up on...and that first apartment was only a few houses down another street from that. I love this whole area of town!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: