Saturday, July 25, 2009

Friday night!

I know, there's wires & light poles messing up the view of the sky, but still, it's a great color, isn't it?? A picture of this sky out in the middle of the country would be great too, but, I'm a city girl, and if it didn't have wires & stuff, I'd think it was boring, that's just how I am. I've just never ever been one of those people that always wanted to live 'out in the country'...nuh-uh, no-way. I remember once when I was about 10, Mom and I were driving up to Grandma's farm one Sunday afternoon and she pointed out a house out in the country near Upper Sandusky (which, for the uninitiated, is a few hundred miles south of Sandusky...go figure :/ ), and told me that when we lived in Massillon, & Dad transferred to Marion, she was wanting us to move there. I just about had a
heart attack right then, & said, but, Mom, it's in the middle of nowhere! lol! It was different going to Grandma's farm on Sundays. You know, it was light out, and, after all, we were visiting, not moving there! I did like when Boo & I would stay overnite at Grandma's...I was a total little wuss then, all my 'country cousins' called me sissified...But I had a

hard time falling asleep out there cuz it was too quiet...but I loved hearing the roosters in the morning! Nope...I'll never want to be on Survivor...I can live without cell phones, etc, but I at least want city water, cable, a landline phone, regular stuff like that!
I was busy the last few days, believe it or not! Been getting physical therapy twice a week here. Talking to lawyers, and making appointments for everything. I never thought about it before, how easy it was to make an appointment with someone and that was it. Now I not only have to make my appointments; since I don't drive, I have to call & schedule a bus appointment...I'm really thankful this city has this bus service! It truly takes a helluva lot of time to have ms! Sheesh!
So I'm still not smoking (yay!), and I'm definitely realizing the difference it's made in my appetite! I was at WalMart today shopping and loaded up on all kinds of good snack stuff like donuts, pineapple chunks, bananas, and Boost with protein...lots. She wants me to drink 3 a day...I'll do my best...
I was taking my scooter down an aisle to look for paper towels, and there was a girl with 2 kids, like 4 or 5 years old, getting a case of Mountain Dew off the end display, then I realized she also had a teeny baby in her arms too...so I kinda backed my scooter up to see if there was anything I could do to help her...then another girl came around the corner (it was a huge area, we weren't crowded or anything), and all of a sudden the girl with all the kids said quite loudly "Don't!" I looked at the second girl and said "Did she mean you or me?" That got rid of any tension, & she got her Mt Dew (yuck!!) in her cart, then I got to do the obligatory cooing over how cute & little her baby was...a month today. Oh, & she'd said Don't to her other kids...
Okay...I hafta go cuz Chris Rock "Bigger & Blacker" is on, and I'm in love with him!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: