Thursday, July 10, 2008

oops i did it again...

...well, no, actually, I didn't do it...my freakin' scooter was totally to blame!! All I have to say is that I was really happy to meet some of the kindest, most helpful strangers I ever had the good fortune to meet last night when it was dark and I needed help...
...suffice it to say...I left here to go down the street to the store last night about 7:30 pm. Got a few things, headed home about 9. About halfway down the first street, my stupid battery started to run out, until I got down to less than walking speed!
Not very many cars were out, and...oh, what a dolt I was! I forgot my cell phone!! Won't happen again, I'll tellya!! So most of the 4 blocks I went then, I was pushing myself along with my foot. About the 4 blocks on the way home, a truck, and a car pulled up on the other side of the street, and the big guy in the truck got out and walked over to me, and asked what they could do to help! What amazing people there are in this world!! All you have to do is give people a chance to help, and more often than not, they LOVE to help! (very rarely do strangers get irritated by that!)Most people know that you don't want them to do EVERYTHING for you, but they do like to help! Anyway, I said..."Well. do you have a cell phone?". He said 'sure!' I called Tif's #, but, no answer, then the guy driving the car said, 'Well, we'll just take you home, how's that?' Oh, my God, they were SO giving! They brought me home, picked up my scooter, put it in the back of the truck, and by the time we got here, Tif & fiance pulled up and helped get me outta the car, and pushed me up the ramp on my scooter Well, nobody can say I didn't live an exciting life...(you are aware that that's a Chinese threat, aren't you? "May you live an interesting life...") Hmmm...can I put in a simple request for a boring, humdrum life, minus drama?? Or is it too late for that?
I guess it it too late for that, by now it's become a CURSE!!
Okay...outta here...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: