Wednesday, February 18, 2009

gray, yukky day outside!

This was my room when I was really little, when I grew up (you know, when I was 12 or 13!), I moved to my older brothers' room that they shared (it was a huge house from the outside, but it only had 3 bedrooms...but they were big bedrooms!). This what used to be the backyard, for some reason, they're making it into a parking area!


This is the bedroom I moved to, that was my brothers' before they moved out.

And this was Mom & Dad's room, it goes all the way across the upstairs front.


It might've been raining earlier too. Either way...it's just f*n UGLY outside!! But I'm gonna ignore that, I'm looking through my pix of my old house that I grew up in (lived there from 1966 to 1983), and think about when life was easy, and I didn't have any responsibilities, except do what Mommy & Daddy said...easy when you're in grade school...became progressively harder as I turned 12+!
We went down to the Smokey Mountains a lot. I only have 'snatches' of memories from back then. I remember that every time we went to a motel, I begged for one with a pool, cuz I loved to swim! Once, I remember we were staying in a cabin in, maybe West Virginia (beautiful state!), and looking out the kitchen window, & seeing a big bear standing up on its back legs, leaning on the passenger side window, trying to look in there! We have a picture of it somewhere, I just don't know where.
I also remember one time we went to Oglebay Resort in Weat Virginia, which was a whole lot of fun, even 35 years ago! That was the first time I ever rode a horse, and I loved it! But, turned out, I was allergic to horses, so I spent the rest of the afternoon sneezing, blowing my nose, whining (I was sick on my vacation, for heaven's sake!). And I was about 7 or 8!
Oh, by the way...the stained glass window is on the landing of the front stairs of that house. I'll put a couple more pix up on my next post.
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: