Monday, February 02, 2009

...rabbit, rabbit...


Rabbit, rabbit...or, maybe in honor of it being February 2...I should say, 'groundhog, groundhog!' Naahhh...Punxatawney Phil saw his shadow today, so that means 6 more weeks of winter. hmmm...actually, just look at your calendar...of course there's six more weeks of winter!! I'm just hoping for a "strawberry spring"...you know, when spring comes all of a sudden, it seems like overnight! I've had my snow, & cold weather for the year, January's over, I'm done with winter weather...mostly because I truly can't get out of here...there's 4-6 inches of snow on my yard, which is actually my stone 'driveway' in the summer, and I can't even get my scooter out to the street where the city bus could pick me up! And I will not ask any of the little kids that shovel sidewalks to get that! This much snow absolutely needs a snowblower, which I don't have. And I'm checking to see if I can find anyone with one! Bro, of course, has one, but it's out at his house in the country, about 15 miles from here...that does me no good...but, I'll get one here this week...and then, when the snow & cold is gone for this winter, my ass is gonna be at Wal Mart or somewhere, buying one of those little snowblower thingys!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom Daschle...well, what is there to say there? Holy shit! The Dems totally ripped the ass off of Bush's people while they were in office...and, now that they hold ALL the power in DC, WTF are they doing?? They are openly putting people in cabinet positions that, well, I know I don't trust, obviously, though, they're stupid enough to! Tom Daschle is only getting the health and human services position.../snark/, but the head of the treasury department, Timothy Geithner, was already confirmed, and HE, of all people, should know better!! Do we really, as Americans, even deserve the fucking right to expect our friends, neighbors, husbands, wives, coworkers to tell us the truth about ANYTHING?? Crap...this used to be a good, honorable country. And I've already had all my trust taken from me by my x, after 17 years, well...who can you trust now? At least I know better now than to trust ANYBODY! Speaking of getting fucked over...what would've been my 19th wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks, so if I have extra attitude for a while, that'll be my reason. thanks Kevin & Jen! Obviously, I'm not an evil person, or I'd put her email address in here...but I'm not EVIL, no matter what anyone says! I'm just snarky & smartass, but, there's lots of us like that here!
So, any thoughts out there about the woman who just had 8 babies, on top of the 6 she already had? And these were not just 'unexpected', or anything, she had eight embryos implanted ON PURPOSE!! And she's single, lives with her parents, and is now unemployed (her last job was in a fertility clinic...shocking, huh?). She lives in a two-bedroom house that her mom & dad bought for her a few years ago, because she didn't have money to buy her own (for God's sake!), and had her first 6 kids to raise by herself, one of whom has autism!! and two of whom are two year old twins! This is a woman who 'just loves kids'! For some fortunate reason, all 8 lived, and are breathing on their own...but the medical costs for these babies is unbelievable! They'll have to stay in the neonatal intensive care unit for at least a month at a cost of one thousand dollars per day, per baby! So who gets that bill? Uh-huh..the state of California....who can't even afford to pay people's income tax refunds! Jeez...incredible...and here I was always careful to never get pregnant again, after I had Tif. Why? Well, stupid reason, but...I couldn't afford it!! Well, to be honest, I really didn't want any more too...but, still!
Okay, that's it from here...I tivo'd Glenn Beck's show on Fox, so I want to watch that...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!
~~~~~~~~~~~addendum~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bro shoveling out my driveway was the noise I woke up to at 8:45 this morning! I love him, did I ever tell you that? I did get up and go to the front door to tell him thanks, but he said it was no problem, it was a pleasure to be able to do something like that for me! Where are husbands like that? I even got to tell him happy birthday, cuz today is his 55th!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: