Wednesday, May 14, 2008

commercials...

I'd like to know how they got this!!
Okay, I know, I also hate the 'babytalk' thing, but...someone must like it...
However, I can handle it


And this is totally priceless!!
I saw the funniest commercial yesterday before I left the house (to go scooter riding)! It was for Gas-X, and it was at an office, and someone told somebody else "Your son, Rip, is on line toot!", Oh shit, I laughed so freakin' hard at that!! That tells everyone how mature I am...laughing at a fart joke? Don't people usually grow out of that around the age of 14 or 15 at the latest? Unless, of course, you're in a fraternity...
I also hafta laugh at the Geiko gecko commercial where the gecko is at a water fountain to get a drink, turns it on, and gets it right SPLAT in his face!! Who hasn't had that happen to them??
Okay, this news story just hits me in the face, showing me,in reality, how long it's been since I've driven a car...gas is almost $4 a gallon, as I'm sure most people know,...the last time I drove and got gas, it was under $1.50 a gallon! Which almost (but not quite) makes me glad I use my scooter, which goes at least 7 miles when it's charged all the way, which it always is, I plug it in as soon as I get home.
The telemarketing thing is so out of control, NOBODY can stand it, right? It's either a hang-up, a recording, or a person who's in Asia, or China, and they can't speak English very well. That's not the thing that scares me though...did you know that sometimes when you call to order something off tv, your call goes to a prison, and some if them do this to work while they're there! That kinda is worrisome, because you're giving them your credit card number, for God's sake!!...of course, who knows, they may be the ones taking care of the computer orders too, which is the way I always order anything!
Well, it's truly going slow to get stuff from Mom's house to mine (& oldest brother G's...which stands for Grumpy, BTW!). Tif & R brought a desk over for me...it's Mom's old sewing desk, which is so totally cool...I'll put a picture of it on next time. I remember she had this desk/table in my old room in our big ol' house, and she used to make me dresses on it! (like I EVER wore dresses! actually, these were only in kindergarten!) And a stand which is really cool. Both of these things are really heavy, very old, and handmade, from real wood, not laminate! However, that stuff is nothing to compare with what's to come...a big blue couch, a green hutch, AND a washstand that Mom always had in the front hallway that is solid wood with a solid 1-inch marble top! Heavy? Hahahahaha...
So, does anyone want to help me move?? If not, you can wait and show up at the auction...but...that stuff will NOT be there! & G refuses to take out anything yet! I have about 1 or 2 hundred books to get too...

No comments: