Thursday, September 18, 2008

90 lbs as of sunday, sept 14!!




...and, yeah, that IS a big deal for me...it means I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks!! And I'm always eating now!!


Okay, I'm not going to be all about news now, even though, yeah, I AM a news whore...simply this is all I can echo...





Today was kinda neat, kinda "bittersweet", if I may be a bit melodramatic here. Tom & I went to his dad's house today, and he was putting something on the back of his car, and I was sitting there watching him (tried to help, but he said no...), and looking at the backyard, and I said "You realize, don't you, that I spent most of the summer when I was 20, laying out in this yard, trying to get a tan, with you?" (his dad still lives there, in the same house, and I still think he's the best...probably cuz he was never my dentist, most everybody else's in town, though!) He said of course he remembers...do I remember that he had a motorcycle, and he taught me how to ride, and we went riding down that street, acting like absolute idiots? OMG...yeah...detours in life, and all...they're there for a reason, even though we don't know why...




Oh, I almost forgot this! It's also one of J Geils best!!



Okay, an explanation...the toilet at the top was made in town in 1923...that's unbelievable!! Now, talk about antiques!!

And, unfortunately, I DO have some politics/economy I have to get off my chest...#1--why does ANYBODY think it's a good idea to raise taxes on ANYBODY right now?? They may SAY it's only on the rich...huh-uh...it's kinda like "trickle-down economics" in reverse. First of all, it's gonna be on businesses. Who exactly do you think the taxes are going to be paid by? Maybe, ummmmm, the consumers, in higher prices?? Holy crap! You do NOT think the business is going to eat that cost, do you?? Actually, "businesses" don't pay for anything. They're not a living, breathing entity on their own! Any more than "the government" is! Some people just say "Well, the government is paying for it!" Ahem.....let me enlighten you. The money "the government" is paying out is OUR TAXES!! The more they spend at the top, the more we at the 'bottom' pay in taxes, to feed it!! And I beg to differ with the idea that we should make up for DUMBASSES mistakes with OUR taxes!!
All right...done...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: