Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday night...whatta weekend...(sigh).



...what a weekend...you just have no idea what it's gonna be like when your only daughter (24 years old!) is getting married in 6 weeks! Just a word of advice...don't listen to this right after her bridal shower! For God's sake, I should have known better!!! I used to bawl when I heard that song in the 80's...but that was very different...I had a 2 year old darling baby girl, and was usually driving home after work & partying at bars up where I worked, an hour north of home...if you're by yourself, locked up in a little car, and it's about 3:15 am, who gives a shit if you cry over a sad song on the radio?? It's almost expected if you're a 21 year old woman!! Shit! But, my God!! I am WAY too old for this shit!! At least I'm the only one here now (except for Truman...and if that little bastard thinks HE'S ever going to run off and get married...we'll have words! naaaaahhhhh...he knows better...he's neutered!).
Okay...I'm better now. The bridal shower today was the best! Lots of people came, she had more presents than I think I've EVER seen! Geez...but, you know what? I think she needed everything she got, since their house is new (for them). We all got a huge laugh, cuz she got EVERYTHING for their kitchen. After a while, she said, "Mom, it looks like they all expect me to be a cook!!" Well, she ought to know HOW! Her junior and senior years in high school were at the vocational school, in culinary arts! And she was the sixth place in the state at cakes (making & decorating..I just was the tester...her red velvet cake was what won the prize!). After she graduated, we went to a meeting about college at The Pennsylvania Culinary Academy. On the way home, she said, "Mom, I don't wanna cook anymore, okay?" Grrrrrrr! Oh well, I hadn't given a deposit or anything, we just chalked it up to narrowing down what to do, and it was fine. A couple weeks later, she decided to go to the State Beauty Academy to be a beautician, and that was great! A couple months after she started there, someone called her from the Barbizon School of Modeling, and they have some of their people (so they say), "scouting" for promising-looking model-types! So we went to an audition of about 2 or 3 hundred people from all over OH. They called her the next day, and wanted her to go...drawback--it was gonna be like $2,000 for tuition to go to school there for a year...bullshit!! She didn't NEED to go to school to learn how to have the Paris Hilton attitude!! Especially to pay THEM to teach it to her~! Sheesh! She could teach THEM!!
So she did hair, manicures, pedicures, etc, and likes it. But, also, had worked in a car dealership and LOVED office work! So, at least she's done all kinds of stuff to find out what fit her best! And I LOVE that!

On a side note....when a guy tells you he has his whole house wired with security cameras that record everythihng on a hard-drive when nobody's home...maybe you oughtta believe him, and not be such a skeptic!! Holy mother-of-God!! You know, it's kind of embarrassing to be sitting in the living room on the first floor, enjoying the steak & baked potato that your boyfriend made for ya for dinner with him & his son...and hear from upstairs "I SAW that!!" when all I did was drop a bite of steak on the floor for Luke! Well, turns out that he was up there putting his boy to bed, and turning off the cameras, and I showed up REAL CLEAR! Arrrrgggghhhh!!

And on that note, everyone....have a great week! I see the new neurologist tomorrow morning...

BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: