Sunday, December 31, 2006

the year in review....


yeah...I sound as ancient as Chet Huntley or Walter Cronkite or old Life magazines here! But...out with the old, saddest year of my life.

Best friend of about 30 years...gone...too bad...but a best friend is supposed to make you feel better, not worse...and if you tell me my life is immoral...this year, that's honestly not what I needed, to be judged like that.
Hooked back up with two of my best friends from the drunk years and life's a lot smoother. Nice talking to Mouse more, she told me the other day that I'm one of her friends she's had the longest, mainly because her local friends from high school told her she's not bouncy and happy anymore, and I seem like the only person that can understand why...holy crap...THAT'S LIFE!!! Am talking to Joe again, he's living with his mom & divorcing from his wife of 15 years...he misses his kids a lot, but sees them a couple times a week. He's also had some health problems this year....as a matter of fact, I called his cell phone once a couple weeks ago, he didn't answer, but called me back about a half-hour later, and told me thanks, I STILL have my good timing, he had been in the middle of a prostate exam...and all of a sudden, his pants across the room started ringing! HAHA!! Sorry, but ya just can't help but laugh...but, it's probly not a good idea to startle the urologist at that moment...
Dad died this year, I didn't see him all that much, but I did talk to him on the phone more than I had been, and we were getting along better than we had in years...I missed him a lot on his birthday, Dec 27th.
Psycho has actually proven himself to be just that...he's done some shit that, well, is just over the top that I haven't even dared to write in here...because I'm ashamed of it! He's not...he brags about it...
Stuff's happening here on the home front that I haven't written about either, nor will I...I just pray for life to settle down to near normal...
Mom's got the stage 4 lung cancer, and getting chemo for it. She usually says she feels fine, but lately hasn't felt as good. Still praying for her all the time too...
Kevin's spinal fusion he had years ago still hurts bad every day, and he still hates his job...'nuff said...
Tif is doing incredibly well, I am SO HAPPY for that!! If I had to choose one person in my life to be doing well, it would be her, hands down, no choice!! I had my chance at 23...now it's her turn!
My ms still sucks a big one, but...well, I guess it could be a lot worse...at least I haven't lost anything else this year...except my happiness and positive attitude...I'm calling this "the year of the tear"...
DrOoPs!! Goodbye 2006, thank God you're gone!!

LibbY!

No comments: