Saturday, March 21, 2009

spite & malice...

This has got to be one of the funniest pictures I ever saw! And, no, I wasn't applauding behind her while she did this!


...and, this is kinda what I think about when I think of the Wall Street brainiacs lately...

Tom & I were just talking about all the financial shit going on right now...and I told him I was watching Fox News today, and when they were talking about AIG, they showed just a random shot of regular people going in & out the doors to work there, and all I could think of was how horrible it would be to just be, like, a regular person that works there now...not a bigwig, or an executive, just an office assistant, or working in the mailroom, or something! You really need your job, but, at what price, ya know? Then we talked about the enormous bonuses and all, and the government is trying to push through something that taxes the bonuses at 90%. Hmmm...You know, I don't like that idea either. I agree wholeheartedly that they should NOT get the bonus money, but somebody was asleep at the switch and let this go through, now it's a contract, and 'for better or worse', you can't break this! But, taxing it at that rate would suck and be wrong too. And two wrongs don't make a right, definitely not in this situation! Because, when I worked at the phone company and dealt with billing questions all the time, I learned a lot about taxes...you know, if you look at your landline phone bill, there's so many little taxes stuck in here and there, you wouldn't believe it! And a lot of them were put on back in World War II, and everybody was told, "These are temporary taxes, because of the war, etc, they're for our own good, they'll be off soon."...they're still there. Once they get a tax on, it will NEVER be taken off. No, I don't have any idea how to get this money back, but taxing it just is not the right thing to do. What happens, then, if someone wins millions in the lottery, or inherits millions? What would stop them from taxing that at that rate? It's just a bad situation, with no obvious answers. Well, yeah, I guess there's an obvious answer, but murder is also against the law...this kind of shit wouldn't happen if people still had any honor or integrity...hell, even shame! I guess I'm sick of the whole Dem/Repub thing...I like the libertarian idea better every day. Bob Barr, Ron Paul...looking back, I wish...
I did get out today for a couple hours, rode down to the Dollar Store, cuz I had to get a birthday card for someone, and kitty litter, and stuff like that. I took my camera and got some cool pictures of the sky, really neat clouds! And there's a great place in that plaza, it's called Blue Fusion, it's like a huge game room, has pool tables, a bowling alley, bars...it's really neat! I wish there would've been something like that here when I was a kid!! So, I was sitting there smoking a cigarette before I headed home, and a family with 3 kids walked by, and it really hit me that, no, I don't ever want to be a mommy again, I had that early, it was great, but Tif's the only one I'm a Mom to...and, you know, it'd be different if it was an older kid, like a teenager, but I guess I'm now at that awkward 'in-between' age, where I'm too old to be a mommy, too young to be a grandma! I know there are plenty of people that have kids in their late 30's, and that's okay, if that's what you want. I'm just not wanting to ever start all over again.
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: