Wednesday, April 22, 2009

...four seasons in one day...

Yes, it's a true "earth day" celebration by nature, I guess. Hail around 1 pm today, with thunder & lightning. And now, at 6 pm, it's sunny & 48. And tomorrow it'll be 62, and the rest of the week, 75 and sunny! Goofy....
I have so much good stuff going on right now, I can't believe it! I went to the dr's office yesterday and her assistant and I sat down with all the papers they got from Biogen about this

tysabri, and we went over it all together, and I signed all the stuff I had to sign, and I made sure I told them I haven't taken any injectable ms meds since the beginning of 2009, and I haven't had any steroids (iv or prednisone!) since last October, before Tif got married. So, I got done, and Kim said all she needed

to do was to get all that stuff faxed to them and they'd call me in a week or so to set up my treatments! She said that when they went to lunch, they got a lot of info, and Dr S is excited about this, because I've tried 2 of the other 3 injectables for ms, and neither one was agreeing with me lately, and since this isn't another interferon, it's an antibody, and that's exciting to me, just because it's something different! And in my life, at this point, different is good! Jeez...do I win the competition for the most awkward run-on sentence? :-) The only other problem I was going to have was that the closest center that was able to give me this iv was in a town 25 miles away, but I already had that figured out, there are so many good people out there to help get me there...anyway, the doctor got it set up so they'll do it here in town at our hospital! I can take the city bus to it, that's, like a 5 minute drive!! And if it's nice out, I'll just ride my scooter. Now all I have to wait for is for Biogen to call. I've already looked up the medicine on my link to the insurance on here, and, well, thank God I still am on Kev's insurance. If I wasn't, the cost would be $7,000.00 for three months of iv's. As it is, I only have to pay $150.00 for 3 months. Yeah, I know the prices for meds are ridiculous, but a lot of the money they make is put into developing new drugs...scientists don't work for free, remember...
And one more really neat thing happened to me this week! I won the drawing at JavaJune's blog, where she's giving a Bohemian blend gift thingie of bath salts, etc...no, Ric, no alcohol! :-D She just got back from an awesome week away on a beach...in some undisclosed location...heehee...I WILL buy a lottery ticket this week...everything else is coming out perfect!
I am becoming SO hooked on some of the new shows on tv lately...there's Lie To Me (my favorite!), Fringe, The Mentalist, Eleventh Hour, House (of course) & Bones...good thing I have a windows tv thing that I can set to record everything!
Geez, I watched the news today for the first time since this weekend, and I really can't believe what kind of shit is going on now, what with Obama saying one day that he's not going after anyone for interrogation techniques in the past, the past is the past, let's go forward...blah, blah, blah. Two days later, it's a complete 180, and he can't rule anything out, we have to wait and see what Eric Holder has to say. Hmph....I trust Eric Holder as much as I trust Tim Geithner...and you all know how much I respect (kaff, kaff) him. You know what? We've not had an attack here since 9/11, but, for some reason, the Democrats refuse to believe it was because of anything George W did! I guess it just must have been that the terrorist fucktards had a sudden change of heart after that attack, and decided to rest on their laurels. As much as I'd love to believe that, I'm sorry...they're sitting in their groups in Afghanistan/Pakistan, doing all kinds of heavy-duty planning for the next one, which will be 'bigger & better', likely to involve a mini-nuke or bio-weapon. And we won't be able to find out anything about it in advance, because all of our CIA people will be scared as shit to press on anyone to get anything out of them, because of what happened to the people after 9/11! Am I the only one that's worried about this?? They say that nothing's happened since then...do they think that's just because they didn't feel like doing anything?? Where's the logic in that thinking? That just proves to me that Democrats see the world as they wish it was, Republicans see the world as it really is, warts and all, not just flowers, rainbows, sunshine. And, anyone who still believes that their taxes won't go up because the God-like Obama promised them they won't...they're still living in fairyland too. Just look at how much higher stuff like cigarette taxes are...those ARE taxes, ya know? Just because it's not taken out of your paycheck every week doesn't mean it's not a tax. Man, I need to make a different entry for this...or maybe resurrect my other blog...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: