Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday & we're forecast for rain & snow showers this week......more global warming, no doubt...


This is my wonderful ramp that Bro had his company guys build! Yeah. I know it's not exciting to anyone but me, but to me, when Bro got this built & bought me a 4-wheeled scooter, it says nothing but FREEDOM! And you can't put a price on that!! I miss driving SO MUCH, but, this scooter & ramp is the best I can do now, and after 13 years, I'm okay with that.




And this is a tree next door that just looks like spring!




I went down a different street today, and this just says "Spring's coming!"
So, what's everybody else been doing? This is pretty much it for me. Well...I did finally get my indoor wheelchair (battery-powered) fixed. It turned out that it needed new batteries (it takes 2 HUGE ones...that need replaced every year!). I usually don't use that unless I really feel like shit, Mostly I use my walker as much as possible. But it's nice to have it available if I need it! And I've talked to my doctor, and she agreed that I can start taking tysabri! Whee!! I know it's not a 'miracle cure' or anything, but, dammit...I was starting to feel like a pincushion, with all the shots! First it was once a week...then it was 3 times a week...the next option was once a DAY!! Nope...I'm not going there...well, all I can say is "Not now, anyway!". But tysabri is given once a month intravenously, at a hospital's infusion center. And, yup, this is the drug that I talked about before, where some people got PML and died from it. But I've researched it and been talking to lots of good people on it, and it seems that as long as you don't take another injection with it, and don't have steroids with it, it looks relatively safe. Actually, the death rate when it was experimental was only 3 in 3,000. And now it's become a pretty common treatment...it inhibits white blood cells from getting into your brain...I'm sure there's more to it, but, that's kinda it in a nutshell...it's also been used for cancer, and it's used for Crohn's disease too...so I won't be alone! Right now the closest Tysabri center is a hospital about 25 miles away, but I do have good people who have told me to call them any time I need anything, so I might have to (that feels crappy!), but, you do what you have to, right? I'm good friends with the head of nursing at one of the hospitals here in town, and hopefully, this hospital will get certified in this treatment, that way I could just take the city bus out...
So, yeah, I'm pretty excited...it's a new beginning anyway...and Easter is the time for that...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: