Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day...

I am totally in love with this house at the top, as far as a one-story house, it's neat! I love houses of stone like that. And the next picture down is just 'cozy-looking house. It looks even cozier in the winter...but I don't even want to think about cold weather now! Forget I said anything!

And this is the most amazing rhododendron I think I've ever seen, and it's next door!
I don't usually talk about religion on here, that's pretty much a separate part of me...separate, but strong...I have to ask, though..has anyone ever seen Joel Osteen, the tv preacher? Well, I watch his show every Sunday night at midnight. I watched it for the first time a few months ago, and got hooked, because he's just not like any preacher I've ever seen. He doesn't tell you about how scary life is without religion, he talks about how great life can be with it. And his whole sermon is a bunch of short stories...and the reason I still watch it is because every single week, he's talking about something that has to do with my life specifically right at that moment! This week it hit home even more than usual, because he was saying that people are in & out of your life, mostly they're there just when you need them, but when the time comes that they walk out of your life, and no matter what you try, they go anyway, well, that's maybe you getting a divine push to go ahead on your own, they've served the purpose in your life, and now it's time for you to pick up, dust yourself off, and go, and be even better than you were with that other person. Anyone who knows what i've been dealing with for the last 2.5 years will know why he seems like he's talking to me personally! Kinda gives me a little chill, just writing it out! But a good, safe feeling, too.
Today, Bro's youngest daughter had her graduation party out at his house. It was a great time! It's always so much fun out there. She's going to Arizona State for college next year. That's different...his older two girls stayed in Ohio and went to Heidelberg in Tiffin, which is neat...that's where Mom graduated from...no, she graduated from Tiffin University. Boo went to Heidelberg to be a teacher. And Bro's oldest daughter went there, in, like, early 90's. And that was the funniest...she looks so much like me, that people in the bars in Tiffin used to go up to her and ask how she was related to me!! Actually, it's funny in a sad kind of way, that the owners of the bars in Tiffin knew what I looked like? lol! I think a lot of bartenders knew me because I was famous for getting the tequila worm...and then auctioning it!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: