Wednesday, September 20, 2006


Okay. I decided that since I have never, ever participated in HNT, well, henceforth, this will be known as "Wounded Wednesday". Yeah, I know the table is a f*in' mess, but it was totally dark in here when I got up in the middle of the night, and went around the corner from the bedroom to the bathroom, about 3:30 am. When I turned the light on in there, and turned around to shut the door, uhhhhh, well, is that a comforting sight to see at that hour?? Or, well, at ANY hour!! So, make sure you all participate in "Wounded Wednesday" next week, okay? Don't leave me hangin'....
A few years ago, when Tif was into UFO's and everything with me (now she's not...'Mom, that's stupid!') we were outside and noticed a light outside in the sky, acting kinda weird, and I said, "Hey, let's follow it!". So we did, it was headed to the east, and we got almost all the way out to the highway that goes north/south, and all of a sudden I just got a real sick feeling in my stomach, and told Tif I was gonna pull over at a gas station out there and call Kev (nope...this was before everybody had cell phones attached to their hands), cuz I was getting kinda/sorta weirded out by the whole thing...so I pulled over to a pay phone out in the dark outside the gas station, which was, of course, closed. And of course I didn't get out of the car, I just rolled the window down and picked the phone up to dial...and there was no dial tone. I know, I know, big deal, it's a pay phone at a gas station, near a highway...most of 'em probably don't work! But still....it WAS creepy! So, we just gave up, didn't feel like following it anymore (ok, ok, maybe we were scared!). And we turned around and came home, tumbling into the house, both blabbering all over each other to tell Kev what'd happened. The next morning, I was in the car on the way to work, and had an AM news channel on for the news (& Rush, of course!), and heard that the cult members of Heaven's Gate, who had been telling everybody that there was going to be a UFO behind the Hale-Bopp comet, that was going to pick them up & they'd go to heaven...they were all dead on beds, covered with purple cloths?! Okay....I'm usually not bothered by UFO stuff, but...this honestly did creep me out a little...
Remember when there was the total solar eclipse in 1994? I was working an hour north of town, and Tif & I were all excited about it...we even took a trip down toward Columbus to the planetarium to get some glasses to watch it with! Then we found out that it would happen on a day I had to work....bummer!! So, I decided I'd go in to work at 3 am that morning, and work til 11, then come home & pick her up at school and we'd hang out in the yard with Buffy, our beagle (at the time), and watch the eclipse. We looked forward to it a lot, and talked about it a lot...then Tif came home from school a few days before it, and it turns out the school had gotten her worried about being out watching that!! The kids were not allowed to go near the windows during it, no outside recess, & when I showed up there that day to pick Tif up, they had sheets of cardboard covering every fuckin' window!! Holy shit!! How 17th century could they be?? If I'd been a teacher, I'dve had those kids going with me to the planetarium to get glasses for each one of them, and it would be a science class! And I know they'd remember it for the rest of their life!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: