Monday, February 26, 2007

...bang your head...





Madness is the ultimate flexible bullet...
...and that will make absolutely no sense to anyone who isn't at least halfway there...
Anyway, I'm still reading 'Skeleton Crew' by Stephen King. I think it's his best short story collection he has, even though it was done in the early 80's. I LOVE short stories, but even if you don't like them, these are full stories, almost like short novels. There's all kinds of them that I forgot all about! I'm kinda like 'Mrs Todd' in Mrs Todd's Shortcut...all she ever wanted to do was drive...
Next I'm gonna start on "Lisey's Story", by Stephen King...and that's about the only one I got that I've never read. I also got (on eBay), a book that tells about each of his stories and books he's written, and things like where he got the idea for each one, even the poems he's written. And in what section of the University of Maine it was in, and whether it was unrestricted or if you have to have SK's written permission to look in there! I got that one from somebody in Australia, the book was just released the first of February there, and I bought it that day. The book was only $25.00...howEVER...the airmail shipping cost $26.00!! Didn't matter, it was worth it. And it got here in about 5 or 6 days! I still have over half the gift certificate for there from Christmas. I did bid on a signed copy of one of his books, but I f*d up, and didn't bid enough. And it went for less than $100.00! That came from a bookshop in London. I love getting things from that website!! Someday, I'll turn around and sell something on there...but it will NOT be any of my books, G*dammit!!
Actually, the time we had a big garage sale at Kev's mom & dad's, we were putting prices on everything, and we had an old scanner we were selling. So, I was putting a price on it, and inadvertantly opened the lid, and there was a picture in there...and it wasn't one I even recognized! I took it out, looked at it, showed everybody, and they said they'd never seen the people in it either! So...I just took the picture over to a table, and put a little colored circle on it with "25 cents" on it...it didn't sell, but it sure did get a ton of attention!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: