Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday, Feb 23...

Randomness...
Thinkin' about more weird shit today...wouldn't it be weird if, all of a sudden, all the lakes and bodies of water, even the oceans, were drained of water, just for a week or so? Just so everybody could find everything that's been lost down there? Like cars, airplanes full of people, my God, could you even begin to imagine what's under the water on the earth? Bodies of a lot of people that have been reported missing...cell phones that people got pissed at the person they were talking to, and tossed it over the side of the boat...everything in the Bermuda Triangle that was supposedly lost there...
"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs..."
Ya know, if I was in a car that suddenly went out of control on the highway, I think, no, I know, that I'd grab the steering wheel and head straight for the biggest concrete thing I could see, so I wouldn't end up half alive. The WORST thing in the world would be to be, like, brain-dead, and living in a hospital bed forever...I can just see my grandchildren someday..."It's Sunday! And we have to go to the hospital & visit 'Grandma the Turnip'! What a waste of a perfectly good Sunday! Groan, groan..." Aaaauuuuggghhhh!
Allright...enough depressive shit for one day...but, hey, that's what a blog is for, isn't it?
I got the book I wanted on eBay the other day, 'Skeleton Crew'. It's an old book of Stephen King's short stories, and the very first story in it is my favorite, it's called 'The Mist', and a long time ago, like in the mid-80's, Joe and I were both Stephen King's biggest fans, and, actually, we decided that the store that all the people were stuck in for days, was just exactly like the first grocery store I worked at (the one where Kevin worked and Joe was a stockboy there, that's where I met both of 'em.) Plus Kev's 'little' brother, Ken, who was also a stockboy for a while, til he went back & cleaned the meat room in the evenings, which had to be the nastiest job in the world...you know, sticking your arm down in the drain to get the chicken guts out and all...eeeeewwwwww! Nasty with a capital 'N' !! That's why I went from cashier to produce mgr...for the most part, produce is clean!! (unless it's rotten and slimy, of course...). One of the weirdest things I ever saw was when one of the truck drivers showed me what happens when you take the broccoli out of the case it came in, and put it in a sinkful of water with salt in it...you oughtta SEE all the little green worms that squirm out!! Here is also a reason to wash your produce when you get it home...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: