Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday, Feb 20th...




Is this not the perfect house, or what?? It was halfway down the block from the house I grew up in, and I always totally LOVED it!! I was never actually inside it, but my mom's best friend and her husband owned and lived in the house right next to it,(in the left of the picture) and when I was teeny (like up to age 5 or so), I remember trotting down there holding 'Mommy's' hand (so I didn't get run over or anything, ya know? cuz we lived on the other side of the street) to go see Mrs. Green, for tea & cookies in the mornings, I even remember my favorite teacup I used to drink out of! She had a little gray/black poodle named Gidget. And when we left there, if we didn't have anything important to do, like walk down to the library, or anything, we'd walk through Mrs. Green's backyard, and go to the Isaly Shoppe for lunch and ice cream. And after that, we'd go across that main street to a grocery store, & get the stuff 'Mommy' was gonna make for dinner. And you know...this is like the few blocks I grew up in, especially before I could drive! The very first time I ever "French-kissed" anyone seriously was in the back parking lot of the Isaly Shoppe, around midnight on July 4th when I was 14! Wow. How weird. That was that 'first Kevin' I went out with.

And the grocery store that was across that other street? Well, that's the first one I ever worked at, and met Kev, my husband, at!

OK...I really don't have a clue where my head is at today...

Was thinking about something yesterday...very strange, doesn't involve me or anyone (well, except Psycho...but who counts him?). Thinking about the Oedipus complex, and the guys I know that have it. I only know of 2 guys that have it (Psycho's one!), and both of whom have moms that didn't work outside of the house. Anyone who knows anything about this, can you tell me...is it just a coincidence, or are guys more prone to this if their moms are home instead of working 40 hours a week? And, are girls more prone to the Electra complex now that their dads are closer to their kids now? I have no idea why I'm thinkin' more about psychology now. I guess I really wish I would've gone farther than 1 college class in psychology. 'Course, who knows? They might've committed me if I did...I dunno...okay...time for me to go...

BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: