Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday afternoon...

...don't feel like putting pictures up today...dunno...just don't feel like much...just ready for the 'weekend in the country'...we decided today that this kinda sounds like a weekend in a sanitarium. (lol...not too far off!).
There's just been too much stuff going on in my life right now, and, yeah, I wanna get away from most of it...
......too much to think about right now......

I found the very best radio station to listen to on here awhile ago, KHPT-FM, out of Houston, the best of the 80's & more...kinda fits my mood today...thinkin' what I maybe did right & wrong...doesn't really matter, what's done is done & can't be undone...and most people I care about are still alive...God, how morbid do I sound?? I think it's the song "Bringin On The Heartache" by Def Leppard, that song always does this shit to me! I was probably one of the only people in the audience crying in 1988 when they were playing it!...at least I wasn't drunk & passed out, which many other people were...what a waste of money THAT was, huh?
The only bad thing about listening to this station online is the buffering...it's cut out now, in the middle of 'I Wear My Sunglasses At Night"...oh, oh, oh! I remember! That's Corey Hart!!
I know there are other ways to listen to these songs, but I just like this radio station...makes me think of Houston/Galveston...a fun 2-week vacation there when I was 14, and I stayed with my friends whose dad just got transferred there from here...before they left that year, we were all singing the Pointer Sisters "We Are Family"...
Okay...I give up on radio for now...I'll listen to Pink Floyd's "The Wall"! ...hmmm....same time frame...Houston's the first place I ever saw MTV, too! ..."We don't need no education, we don't need no thought control..." Now THIS is a freakin' attitude song! In 9th grade, we, errrr, somebody wrote that on the blackboard of my favorite teacher's room!
I gotta go get some clothes packed...see ya Monday!

No comments: