Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday night...

...this is about the saddest thing I ever saw...
...luckily, this farm is right down the road...
It was one more great weekend...and...I'm now at 94 lbs...yippee~!
However, last night before I fell asleep, I realized I had a kidney infection....I was wondering why my back hurt yesterday, now I know...and, yes, I know what it is, ms patients get them quite regularly! Luckily, my family dr is really great, and I called his office at 9:01 this morning, and described my symptoms, and asked if he'd call in an rx for me...he did and I got started on it by 11 am! Cool! A lot of dr's would make you come in & pee in a cup, but, thank goodness, he's been my dr since way before I had ms. He's just cool like that! Actually, Tom stopped at the pharmacy to get it for me...it only cost 59 cents! 'Course, there are only 6 pills, but still!! It's Septra DS (double-strength), and I know after I've taken the first 3, I'll feel back to normal (yeah, me).
When he brought them in, I said thanks (of course), then told him I was all worried all weekend that he was only with me cuz he felt sorry for me. ..he just looked at me and laughed, and said "ME feel sorry for YOU? Don't worry, sweetheart...I don't feel sorry for you AT ALL!" heheheh...I think that may mean he feels sorry for himself? Seriously, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in the last couple years...hmmm...does that mean I'm easy to please? Or just easy? never mind...that was just a rhetorical question, anyway.
I got a quart of honey from one of the farmers out that way, that also keeps bees...amazing that I could love something that's made by my personal enemy (bees!). I shelled corn yesterday off the cob for the corn burner this winter...and every cob I got done with, Luke, the amazing wonder mutt was there to run and fetch it when I'd throw it! It was field corn, as opposed to popcorn or sweet corn...(?) fine farmer I'd make, huh? Seriously, does anyone else know the difference between hay & straw?? Because, no matter how much it's explained to me, I'll NEVER understand! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!
I'm gonna get my hair cut again Wednesday...by my best friend from third grade!! She even went to Florida with Mom & Dad & me when we went on vacation to Marco Island. I had her cut my hair a couple weeks ago, but, it's already bushy again!! She remembers how much I liked Barry Manilow when I was a kid, and wasn't surprised that I went to see his concert in '94! Hell, even I was surprised!!
Okay...gotta go...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: