Thursday, October 09, 2008

Thursday night..

...okay, I went out this morning and went with Tom to one of his friend's houses while they were having a guy with a backhoe (not a front-ho, mind you...lol) get rid of the rest of a huge tree stump.
Then we went inside and looked at his workshop, where he fixes old clocks...and, wow, I can't even begin to imagine where those clocks have been, some of them are from the early nineteen-hundreds! And then they started discussing things about each one, and I was like, "Huh??" In their world there is no such thing as a battery-powered or electric clock....which really is awfully neat to me...only cuz I don't have to depend on an alarm clock to get me up for work! However, it makes you think about how things used to be, all the clocks needed to be wound, and most had keys, which if you lost them, where would ya be?? Luckily, this guy had hundreds of 'spare' keys..
Then we went to the antique store, and spent til 1 pm looking at stuff, well, I was just looking, they were doing the ebay stuff! I could browse around in there for days!
So, that was kinda my weekend preview...we're talking about maybe doing the Rogues Hollow thing Saturday, the weather is gonna be awesome for it!
When I got back here, I sat around reading the book I borrowed from the antique store, Heidi. That was one of the first 'big person' books I ever read! And I have/had the same exact book at Mom & Dad's house! You know what? I don't know if anybody else feels this way, but when I started looking through that, it was like hugging an old friend I hadn't seen in years, and looking them over to make sure the years hadn't hurt them...God, did that sound as sappy to you as it FELT to me??
All right, that's it! Here's what I was watching/drooling over after that! Mmmmm...Bret Michaels...how could I have ever forgotten him? Oh, and then there's this...of course, I know it's Warrant, I just never cared enough about them to find out their names...geez...kinda makes me sound just like a guy, doesn't it? Hmmm...turnabout is fair play...but I think I'm a year or 20 late...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: