Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"your brain MUST be left at the door if you take this job"






...I got an, ummm, 'interesting' phone call this afternoon. Answered it, and the guy on the other end was trying to sell me a lawn service!! It was Tru-Green Chemlawn, and I came so close to laughing in his ear!!! I'm sitting here with about 3 or 4 inches of snow on my yard (I have a yard, not a lawn...old people have lawns...I have a child-friendly yard, you shouldn't be scared to walk on grass!)! I had to ask Tom to come over and shovel off my ramp and a path out to the street (over the grass, mind you!), so I could get the bus to my appointment this afternoon! Now....see why I laughed my ass off at that phone call???



Since I didn't take my camera out today, I'm stuck (so are you) looking at my old(er) pix on here! The top is me & Kim, in 9th grade...the next is Truman, my spoiled cat, with his toybox (yes, I bought him a real toybox at a pet store the first Christmas I had him!)! And the last one is me and Tif in 1984 or 5!


Finally, finally, we're getting real snow!! There's about 3 or 4 inches on the ground right now, and it's probably going to be snowing all night, and the temp is only going to be highs in, well, right now it's 13F, tomorrow's high will be 17F, Thursday's high will be -1F!! I love this weather...as long as I can be inside my 74 degree house, watching it out the window!! I just got off the phone with Tom. Was telling him I feel awful for the cat I had him kick out of the basement last week. Now it's gonna freeze, and it will be MY fault! And that truly sucks! No matter what anyone else might think, I'm kind-hearted (& I love cats!)! He said, "What was all that saying you wanted it out, & please make sure it can't get back in & all that??" Are you sure you're not bipolar, too?" Hahh...it was that "too" at the end that got me!! I got huffy and threatened to take my scooter out & look for it...he said to make sure I take my cell phone too, in case I need to call the police to get me out of a drift! (he does live about 10 miles out of town...). But still...and no, I'm not leaving...it's cold outside, fakkrissakes!! Besides, if something happened to me, Truman would be on his own!

I watched the movie "Little Miss Sunshine" Sunday, and somebody in the movie said that "sarcasm is the last refuge of losers..". Hmm...guess I and most of my friends are fucked, huh?

BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: