Tuesday, August 15, 2006

it WAS a great weekend!

















Today is my unofficial funny cars day...

The weather here in Ohio was totally gorgeous this weekend!! And, well, some of the other big stuff that's been happening in my life, is on the road to being corrected, which is totally great! And that's all I'm saying about that...
Kim called me today, and she was telling me that there was something in the paper about someone we went to high school with had died...and, actually, that's what I can always count on Kim for. She's definitely the one who always reads the obituaries first, to find out who died! My God, I never heard of anyone doing that til they were old-old!! Like, so they could compare who they lived longer than...you know 'woo-hoo, I made it longer than them!'
Kim was also telling me she had to get her son's school registration papers filled out before they had to go to the meeting at the school tonight. I just said "Mmmmm...didn't you get those papers in the mail at the beginning of the summer?" Like 3 months ago?" And she asked, "Hmmm...can you see me sticking my middle finger up at you right now?" And I said yes, I could even feel it, cuz it was going up my nose...All right, I know that's nothing but a childish thing...but it WAS funny. Oh, and speaking of funny, I'd called her yesterday, and we were talking about her daughter (A1) going to college, and about that Kim took her up there to finish her paperwork & apply for her job up there. Then Kim was telling me about A1's former boyfriend who rode up there with them (Bobby). Bobby's the same age as our girls, 20, to 22, something like that. And her daughter's always been kinda on & off with him, but Kim's always really liked this guy...he's 'sensitive', ya know? I mean, bad enough that his own grandma told Kim when she ran into her once at the store, that Bobby really needs to go into the service and toughen up, and quit crying so easily! Holy Mother-of-God, his own GRANDMOTHER said that about him!! Don't you think she'd be the one who'd stand up for him?? So, after that long road of explanation, Kim said yesterday, "Oh, Bobby's going to California! Guess what he's going to do there?" I said the only thing I could think of..."Cry?" I'm almost willing to bet that she was laughing so hard at that, she peed her pants...
Well, I guess I oughtta go do, well, something...even if it's wrong...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: