Thursday, June 15, 2006

i guess i'm crabby again...



Nope...I guess I'm NOT myself today...the whole problem with that is...everybody must hate me today...shit, I hate myself when I feel like this!!
I called Mom this morning around 10:30 am, just to find out how she was. And Bro was there, to check on her on his way to the office, which was very cool! So I asked how she was after she'd said she didn't feel right yesterday. She feels good now...it was exactly what I told her...she had forgotten to take all her medicine yesterday am (heart stuff, blood pressure stuff, etc.). I told her yeah, you might not think it's doing anything, but trust me, it is!! With all my ms medicine, there's not too many people that know more about meds than me!! She said yeah. Then she said that she & Psycho were sitting at her house last night (after he took her out for dinner, mind you...), talking, and he was telling her about something, and she didn't understand it. So she said to him, she didn't understand, start over...and he, well, it seems to me, he got in a 'snit', and left and went home to his house! My God!! This Psychopath is 54 years old!! A 6 year old, I could see doing that...
Then, after we kinda skipped over that subject, cuz I know she gets defensive about him, she said "Oh, hold on. I think someone's here." She puts the phone down, then comes back and says, "No, it wasn't anyone..." Then she said, "I thought maybe it was Psycho, but it's not" (said with great disappointment, I must say). I said, doesn't he work? She said yeah, but sometimes he goes in late. Then she said, "I just feel bad...." Shit!! I told her Mom, you have NO REASON to feel bad!! all the while I'm thinking HE'S 54!!! She is 84, and has lung cancer, and she feels bad???
Of course, I told Bro about all that later when I called him, and he still feels the same as I do...(Psycho's a fuckin' ASSHOLE!), but we didn't say it we both know how the other feels. Actually, a few years ago, Psycho was over at Mom's on a Sunday, eating 'Sunday dinner' (that's big on my side of the family), with Mom & Dad, and Tiff was there too. And, to hear Tiff tell it, Dad was being himself, really gruff, crabby, telling everyone what to do, where to sit, etc...but...that's just Dad...we are ALL used to it, even Tiff! But I guess Psycho got up & pinned Dad to the wall in the kitchen (Dad's kitchen, remember?), and Tiff said he slapped Dad across the face, back & forth a few times!! She came home right after that...can't say I blame her! Dad was 80!! Bro just found out about that a couple months ago, & said he wished SO BAD that he had known about it at the time! He would've called the sheriff's office & had Psycho arrested right then!
And then Kim called me today...that didn't go all that great, either. I started to tell her what's up with Mom & Dad, but she actually said something smartass, & started laughing...I just said I was glad she found my family's problems so fucking humorous, and then said I had to go, bye. After I've been off the phone, I thought about it, and she really has no fucking clue what it's like to see Dad like this, I'm sure she still sees him like he was...still...okay...I'm cranky...
Libby

No comments: