Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wed/Thurs...



WooHoo!! I just got done 'book shopping' on eBay...man, that is so much FUN!! I got an email reminder from ebay yesterday, telling me that I still have a couple gift certificates in my account from my birthday in December!! Okay, so I just went to Paypal & added it up...I sent a total of $21.00 including shipping to 3 different sellers, and I'll be getting 9 'like new' hardcover/ dust jacketed books in about a week! I can't wait!! The best buy I got was from the seller that had 7 books for $.01 + shipping! And, Dale, if you happen to be checking this out, well, in your honor, I bought that bunch of books because it had a James Archer book in there!
I'm not really proud of myself for what I'm choosing to watch on the tv in the computer right now *shudder*...I just turned it on "My Super Sweet Sixteen". I've probably lost every bit of respect I might have earned here in blogland, haven't I?
Mom came over yesterday afternoon with a thing of beef & noodles she made the night before. That's, like, my favorite thing to eat! Besides strawberry cookies & cream ice cream, & the ice cream bars...which, by the way, I had a quart of that ice cream for my 'appetizer' before dinner tonight...
So, this is an example of where I get my sick, stupid sense of humor...Mom was telling me about a joke she loves where there's a guy who is at his Mom's house, for some reason, he's on his deathbed. His brother walks in the room to talk to him, and asks if there's anything at all he can do for his brother before he dies. The dying one said, "Well, I can smell Mom making that strudel that I love. Would you go tell her I'd love a piece of that, that's the last thing I want to taste before I die?"
The brother goes back out into the kitchen, then comes back to the bedside. "Mom said No, it's for the guests after the funeral...".
See??? I had nothing to do with that inheritance!! I think she's really not all that worried about seeming 'proper' to me anymore. I love it! But I'm so sorry that we couldn't connect like this before she had stage 4 lung cancer. I also told her about the time Kim peed out the third floor attic window when we were about 14. She was a little bit shocked at that one, though. I said, "But Mom, it was at night, it was dark!", and she said 'but what about the cars that came down the street with their headlights on when the light changed?', I said, Well, I almost forgot about those...Even though we were on the phone at the time, I could see her shaking her head, burying her face in her hands....
Then I told her about the time Kim's little brother was purposely being a total little pain-in-the-ass. We chased him down, and then Kim held him down in the middle of the living room (her mom & dad weren't home and we were "babysitting" him), and she gave him the world's biggest hickey on his neck! We were 13 or 14 and he was 8, so I bet that went over like a lead balloon at school. I do know her mom almost killed her...
'Duggy' did get her back later, though. He pushed her in her closet in her bedroom upstairs & shut the door on her...which would have been fine, except it was one of those old-style closets with just a latch that locked when it was closed tight, and there wasn't any way to open it from inside! Then he went downstairs and left her, and nobody missed her until she didn't show up at the dinner table. Hence, the reason she's so claustrophobic now that she's never been able to get in a tanning bed...
Okay...it's late & I'm tired...
Libby

No comments: