Saturday, July 08, 2006

summer 2006...



Yup, life truly does suck this year. My dad died yesterday afternoon at the nursing home. Tiff & I rode to the funeral home this am with Bro & his son, & met Mom & Psycho up there...it's in a town about 45 min north of us, cuz Mom & Dad have had burial plots in a cemetary up there close to my Mom's family's farm for about 25 years...they have the gravestone already with their names on it. I think I'm still in shock with all that's going on this summer...and, no matter how bad I feel, I have to multiply that by, oh, infinity, for my mom, because she had her 'port' for her chemo that she's gonna get for her lung cancer, implanted yesterday morning, before this happened. Then today, we went to the funeral home to set everything up for the visitation & funeral..then Mom & Psycho had to get back to town, because Mom had an appointment with her oncologist to schedule the chemo. Oh, and by the way...their 56th wedding anniversary would have been July 18th. Oh, this is really bad...I still think I'm in shock or something, I haven't lost it, but I'm sure that's coming Sunday, after the calling hrs. It still feels unreal, like it's someone else's life I'm living...what was really strange was when the director asked us this morning how many death certificates we thought we'd need, you know, for the banks, the investment places, insurance places, etc...I guess that was very odd to hear that phrase used in the same sentence with my dad's name. Can't write anymore...I probably won't be around for a few days...

Libby

No comments: