Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursday...

Once upon a time, somebody asked, "What color is fun?"...all I can think of as an answer is..."black & shriveled up...like my heart"...
Allrighty then...I won't rant here...all I can say is..."SHIT, OR GET OFF THE POT!"
Well, everybody here will be happy & relieved to hear this...I just called Kim, first time we've talked since October. Did you catch that? I called her! Pretty much because Bro called from Arizona, and I mentioned that I hadn't talked to Kim in that long. He was quiet for a minute, then said, "Libby, she's been your best friend for 30+ years. You know how she is...she always has spoken before she thinks. C'mon..you're bigger than this...right?" Dammit!! He's so calm, cool, collected!! Thus the reason he has a successful business, I guess...and has had the same secretary since before he started it! So I thought about it for a long time, then realized he's right...I AM bigger than this! I called her, and mostly listened, cuz I'm actually better off only listening to her, not talking to her. :-D !
And Kev was just talking about how much Bro & I are like each other. I already know how much we look like each other...after all, when I was the produce manager at the last store I was at in this town, I was on the sales floor doing something, and I heard a woman say, "Libby?". I turned around, and there was a women who looked vaguely familiar, and she yelled "I KNEW it was you! You're XXXX's baby sister!! Remember me? (yeah, right!) I was one of XXXX's friends when he was in high school! I used to come over all the time when you all lived at the house on Church Street!! You STILL look just like him!" Holy mother of God! That was in the late 60's/early 70's!! It's a really good thing neither of us is 'infamous', isn't it? You know, if we were a murderer or something? Or, well, it could be worse...I could look a lot more like Psycho...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: