Wednesday, January 31, 2007

bunny bunny...



Re: saying #1...my work here is almost done.
When you hear certain songs on the radio, does it take you back to where you were the last time you heard them? I mean seriously take you back, to where you were standing?? I was listening to 'Tiffany Tuesday' yesterday morning at 6 am, and they played "Throwing It All Away" by Genesis. My God, that just started it all! I remember that song from the first store I was at, here in town, where Kev was assistant in the meat dept. And that song was always laughed about first thing in the morning every day, cuz I had always gone through the produce aisle, and pulled all the 'garbage' (stuff that wasn't good enough to sell), and was pushing the cartful out the back door to the dumpster...the other guys that worked there were always calling that my theme song!
Another song I always remember from a certain place is "King For A Day" by the Thompson Twins. That played on the radio on WLVQ-FM every Sunday morning at 8 am, in around 85 (?). Yup, it was, I just checked. And I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. No, but, I always remember songs because of the people who were most influential in my life, or the places that were most important to me then. Don't you? How 'bout Corey Hart's "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night"? or "A Room With A View", by Lou Rawls? I remember both of those from when I worked in Bucyrus, with the store manager we called (behind his back, of course!), "you fuckin' wop", cuz his license plate started with 'UFW'...and he was very Italian & a macho pig! And all of the George Michael songs, like "I Want Your Sex", and Cinderella's album, "Long Cold Winter", with "Comin' Home"...and Great White, "Rock Me" (oh, Jack Russell's voice on that song!), and "Mean Mistreater"...on the way home from working an hour north and driving home at 2:30 in the morning after the bars closed...or Heart, "All I Want To Do", from when Kel & I went on vaction up to Marblehead, in, well...a long time ago! Or Boston, at a concert with John, & Tom & Tom's wife...
Well, I think I'm gonna go to eBay & 'browse'...I still have $100+ to spend there from Christmas & Bro. Who I just a few minutes ago got off the phone with. I love him so much! He always says when we hang up, "Bye. Love ya Little Girl!" How could ANYONE not love that guy??
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: