Friday, September 21, 2007

it's Friday...

Just random pictures, the lighthouse is in California, & Bro goes there a lot...for his business and said he thinks of me every time he goes here...

Halloween party...an Arab & his tampon...

And, what kind of a Halloween party would it be without Frankenstein??

Yeah, today's post is just gonna be full of 'randomness'...


All right...first of all...lemme give some product reviews again..
The very best kind of razors to use on your legs is the Schick Intuition . I don't rip my legs open with it like I usually used to after I got ms & my hands got shaky, too shaky to write, even...yet i still tried to shave my legs with a regular razor? With my right hand, which is the one I used to write with, but lost that coordination in '95...now I use my left hand for everything...eating, shaving my legs, all that stuff...but, this razor is great, I'd use it even if I was fine! It has big jumbo thing that the razor is held in and surrounded by soap, what really helps me is that the handle is so big, you really don't have to have perfect coordination! And it's kinda heavy, not "dainty" or anything! It'd probably be a great razor for an old(er) lady to use!
Okay, here's the next one...the Veet brand of hair remover. Yeah, I know, but I do use that on my knees, cuz I have bony knees...I will never forget the kid in kindergarten that told everybody, loudly, mind you, "Libby's got the nubs!", while pointing at my knees the first time Mom made me wear a dress! Hmmmmm..enuogh of that...suffice it to say...not a big fan of dresses...
So I was sitting here talking to Kev today, and happened to remember why my knee hurt so bad when I bumped it...I said, "Hey, look at this..." and pointed at my knee, which has a big piece of skin, like, eaten away! He asked what'd I do? and I told him that I realized why the directions for the Veet cream said leave it on for 3 minutes to remove hair. My thought was "3 minutes? Give me a break"...I gave it five...hmmmm....maybe there's lye in it?

Tif and I went out to see Mom last night. She was asleep when we got there, but, of course, we woke her up! She was glad to see us though. We talked for a long time, actually she really started to look like we were wearing her out! While Tif was in there with her, I went out in the hall, and went to the nurses station, and talked to the nurse that was taking care of her, and I like her. She told me that Mom's doing well, having physical therapy a few times a day, and I know that every time I've talked to Mom on the phone she's said that her legs are a lot better than they were, she said that when she went there first, she thought she'd never walk again. But she's really starting to feel better now! She told me yesterday that she feels like she can do more than she really can, which is good, but I'm glad she can't try more, because they won't let her. And after I called and talked to Mom today, I called back and talked to the nurse, and she said Mom started on Marinol today...she said it might take a few days to take effect, but she was sure that she'd be 'eating like a horse then!'. haha!
I haven't been out riding around since Truman ran out the door! I don't call him 'Pretty Boy' for his nickname anymore...I call him 'Badboy'! Anyway, I'm just kinda scared he'll do it again...but I have to get over it...I'd get over it an awful lot faster if he'd quit running to every door, meowing like he's a tough guy that wants to get outside. Actually, he kind of reminds me of the 'Cowardly Lion' in the Wizard of Oz...you know..."lemme at 'im, lemme at 'im!" But, he has no idea of what's outside!! okay, I baby him. But still...he has no front claws, no nuts, (shhh...don't tell him...) so he's not aggressive, or a fighter. I actually think the reason it was so easy to get him in, was probably cuz maybe he had to pee or something, and looked around and realized there was no litterbox out there for him, so he didn't know where to pee.
Okay...I need to go do some laundry (yuk!)...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: