Tuesday, September 18, 2007

tuesday...

I love this little house!! I can see it over the fence of our back yard, and it's on the same street as that barn in the alley. I remember when they were building this house, cuz I used to walk past it on the way to school everyday in 6th thru 8th grade! I think it's cute! But, yeah, I know it's a 2-story, and probably won't work for me long-term...but I can dream!!

So, I really didn't go anywhere taking pictures yesterday. Well, I went somewhere, but didn't take my camera. I went down to the Family Dollar store, and I was looking for one specific thing (ok, Midol PMS. I couldn't even stand myself, for heaven's sake!). And they didn't have it...I did find other stuff, but, chocolate isn't a long-term substitute, either...believe me, I've tried! I came home, and as I was going across one of the streets, I remembered there was a big Rite-Aid straight down that street, across the main street at the end. Voila!! So I swung right, and went down there and got it!! That store is enormous!!

When I got home, I backed in the back door, as usual, & backed my scooter in, also as usual, the screen door was open while I was backing in, and that little jerkwad Truman, RAN THE HELL OUT TO THE BACKYARD!! Our now unfenced backyard, mind you! And, of course, since my legs were real stiff & uncoordinated from sitting in one place for so long, without standing & exercising them ...which I've learned to do every hour or two! They were too weak to stand myself up on, so I couldn't even TRY to go get Tru! And...dumbass me...I'd forgotten to take my cell phone with me (stupid, stupid, stupid!), so I was stuck, and the beast Truman, was loose! At least if I'd had the cell I could've called Tif or Kev's dad to come over & look for him. Oh well...after I sat there & quit being all pissed at myself and frustrated (never mind the PMS) I made it in to the phone just as it started ringing! It was Joe, thank God, and he was home from work (he's a teacher), so I begged him to come over & look for Tru, puh-leez??. He said ok, he'd be right here (like I said, he lives a block away!). He went down the alley first, then came in & said he wasn't out there, and he looked out front, said he wasn't there either...I started bawling like a baby, sat down on the floor (oh, DRAMA!). So Joe went through the kitchen, and out the back door...pretty soon Truman came trotting through this room, tail all high, like he's king shit of the world! Joe came in then, and said Tru'd been just nosing around in the backyard! Oh, he saved my life!! Wow! But I'm okay, Truman's okay, Joe's okay...yeah, like he had to play big game hunter or something...well, yeah, he is horribly allergic to cats...but he's okay if he takes a Benadryl & doesn't let Truman crawl all over him.
I called Mom at the nursing home today. She wasn't in her room, so I talked to her nurse. She said Mom was down at the cafeteria eating, she was up in a wheelchair & everything! Her nurse said she's doing great, awake & aware, etc, and she still has absolutely no pain! I said "She's just SO strong!" The nurse (Angela) said, "Wow! I have to meet you, cuz last time after you called and I was telling her what you'd said, I told her you said she was strong, and she got tears in her eyes and said no, she's strong, not me!" Holy crap, now I'm gettin all teary-eyed...
Anyway, guess what??? Mom starts on Marinol twice a day tomorrow!!!! WAHH-HOOOOO! Angela is very sure it'll help!! I hope so! She already's told me the food's good, she just doesn't feel like eating.I know that feeling, but, it's something you have to get over feeling like that. no, we're not anorexic or anything, sometimes you're just not hungry...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: