Monday, September 03, 2007

Monday...Labor Day...

This is a cool cousin we never see, he lives in Arizona, and I was hoping to catch him right after one of the little girls braided his beard, but I was too slow...
And they fought about who got to sit on the boyfriend's shoulders, they ALL wanted to be the tallest!!


...And this is a whole bunch of 'random' relatives (not being rude when I say random, just, some I know, some I don't).




I've called Mom every day she's been in the hospital, and she actually sounds better & more relaxed than I've heard her in awhile. Bro & I talked later, and we both think a big part of that is that #1, she got a definite answer about why she doesn't feel quite 'right', and a big #2, is she's eating right, and not having to make it, or clean up! She's one of those people that cooking & cleaning up has been her entire life, and I think she needs to not worry about that so much anymore. But, anyway, we got to talk for about an hour this morning, and it was nice. We laughed a lot together, and I know that had to be good for her. She said her neurosurgeon, who is going to do the surgery was in to see her yesterday, and today! She told me that of the three neurosurgeons that have looked at the mri's & cat scans, they've all agreed that the best solution for this is to operate & remove this, then do radiation. I'm pretty scared about this fact, cuz she is 84 years old...but, the doctors at all the hospitals are working together & sharing her records & stuff...but, still. Bro told me this morning that he had talked to the doctor on the phone today, and that he would work to get it scheduled to be done tomorrow, and would call Bro tonight and let him know, and Bro's gonna call me. Tif and I probably won't be there tomorrow, but she said we'd go down there all of Wednesday....so, I've pretty much hung out here Sunday & Monday, so I'm by the phone...yeah, I have a cell phone, but, I guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, and I want a REAL phone for something important like this...it's a phobia, I guess...
That's it for now...
LibbY!

No comments: