Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tuesday, Sept 4, operation went GREAT!!


Mom. her little sister, and their littler brother's daughter, over the summer.
The cancer removal from Mom's brain was successful, the neurosurgeon said! Bro was the only one who could get there today to see Mom before the operation. I asked if he wanted to take me when he went & I could just stay all day, but he said he thought I should wait and go tomorrow, when she'll be able to be "with it", for visitors. So he left town at 4 this am, and went down, and was able to see her before the operation, and then he called me at noon today, and said the op took about two hours, and the surgeon said they got it! Thank you, God! And thank you, everybody, for your good wishes & prayers!
So Tif & I are going down tomorrow when she gets off work at 3 pm. And, believe it or not, she's going to be out of the hospital at the end of the week, I guess! Bro has already gotten her a room at a nursing home here in town for her recovery, because NOBODY wants her home by herself! Actually, Bro & I are kind of hoping that she'll consider moving to an assisted-living place after this, because she is a more sociable-type person than what she's doing right now, living by herself, and all. And that way she could have an apartment, a kitchen, she could cook, or not, whichever she wanted...I'd feel better if she did that, but, I know...not up to me...
Okay....more tomorrow after I've been down there!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: