Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday, nov 14th!





I took all these pictures on November 3, except for the one of my porch...but, can you even BELIEVE how HUGE (yes, Joe, the dog's huge!) that dog is?? Okay...maybe it's only ginormous.
But it was QUIET!!! A dog that looks like that doesn't look like it would be quiet enough to keep in town, but he was all calm and everything, just standing there watching life go past on Indiana Ave. He's the kind of dog that, if he barked, you'd know it!! haha!
Well, last night my 2 brothers, 1 sister-in-law, her parents, 5 of Mom's grandchildren, and I got together and had a big 85th birthday party for Mom at the nursing home! Bro went and got 3 or 4 huge pizzas & a bunch of salads from Donato's and brought them, and the nursing home had already arranged for us to use one of their big meeting rooms at the front of the building, which had big comfortable chairs with arms, not, like, folding chairs. Mom got lots of presents & cards...I had sent her 20 blue hyacinths, and Tif went to Mom's room & brought the vase of them back & put it in the middle of the table, and everyone was making fun of them cuz they're still closed! By the way...I always order flowers from 1800flowers.com, and they always send the BEST!! So...only one was a little bit open, and you could see the dark blue it's gonna be. So everyone asked if that was the green onions to be sliced into the salads! haha!
So...85th birthday!! Wow! And I'm so glad that everyone was able to be there. Well, for some reason, Bro's youngest girl couldn't make it, but his son even brought his girlfriend (whom I'm sure is gonna be his wife...she's so sweet, and they've been together for a few years~!).
I called my neurologist today and left a message for her that I'M READY for steroids!! I just have NO energy or ambition...kinda that feeling "What's the use?", and I HAVE to get rid of this!! I think a lot of it is the time of year, and the fact that, for unmentionable reasons, I'll never feel the same about Thanksgiving, or the day after Thanksgiving after last year...
Plus the fact that I can't go out running around on my scooter, cuz it is starting to get cold! Cold with snow I can handle...cold with ugly brown grass and ugly BARE tree limbs...well...boring!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!


No comments: