Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas hangover...

...and I only drank, like, a half a glass of wine on Christmas eve at my mom & dad's house!! And I need to make sure I call my dad tonight, cuz, guess what...he's 88 today! Quite amazing! It's kinda funny, when we get talking, he rambles on about 'the good old days' when he was a big-shot at a big company, did a lot of traveling, etc (he really mustve been awful to work for, though, cuz NOBODY he used to work with for the company he retired from has EVER called him, they never get together, nothin'!)...hopefully, that gene skipped me...Naw, he's the only person who can remember as much stuff from his "ago " as I can! Down to names, dates, who he met when he went to Pittsburgh in 1974 and he took me to the Pirates baseball game...
So Tiffany & Zach & I went to my mom & dad's Christmas eve (that's when my family gets together for Christmas), and, surprisingly, it was fun. Usually, there's dirty looks between my oldest brother & everyone else (except Mom!)...he's just a whole 'nother story all by himself. I hope nothing with him ever gets as bad as I'm afraid it will someday, so I don't hafta blog about him! Kevin stayed home Sat evening to wrap my presents, and get the house cleaned up (anal!!). I DID offer to stay & help wrap, but, well, that went over like a lead balloon...When Tiff, Zach & I walked in through Mom & Dad's garage, Zach looked over & saw Dad's big old Buick sitting there (Dad doesn't drive anymore...he can't friggin see!), Zach kinda started giggling and said in a low voice "Whoa! What a pimp-mobile!" My dad bought the car new, it's a 1984! And...it has over 200,000 miles on it!! When Dad came out & opened the door to let us in, Tiffany (she inherited the smartassness from me, remember?) said "Zach likes your car, Grandpa." OMG!! For the next 3 hours we were there, along with the other 20+ people, Dad kept seeking Zach out, asking him if he wanted to buy the car, extolling its virtues to him, etc. Dad was telling him he'd let him buy it for only $1,200! I can't even imagine how that poor guy had to feel by the time we left! Naahh, he handled it well. But I made him drive home, cuz Tiff & I both had some wine. My niece absolutely LOVES wine (she just turned 28), and she was carrying the bottles around, encouraging everyone 'drink, drink!' She is almost an identical twin to me! (except WAY younger!) Seriously, people have come up to her at work & asked her if she knows me, if she's related to me. Now THAT'S funny! Even Tiffany said how she looks more like me than Tiff does! We were talking about how Kim & I used to pick on C when she was little. One time when she was about 1 1/2, I taught her what to say when Kim said "What's in your diaper?" "Turdballs!" with a big happy, proud smile. Unfortunately, my parents did NOT see the humor in it. :-( So Dad taught her to say "Sunshine" instead of turdballs. Boooo!
So that was Christmas eve, and it was fun. Mom & Dad got Kevin a Columbus Blue Jackets sweatshirt & hat. Yup...we're hockey fans too. We did like the Detroit RedWings, but figured we should like a local team if they ever got one. Now, if they'll just get their shit together & WIN!! But I have faith in Sergei Federov, he'll kick their asses into shape! (plus, he's so damn cute! shhhhh!). I'll write about Christmas day tomorrow...ya know, over at Kevin's mom & dad's, where we all joined hands around the table before breakfast and sang 'Happy Birthday, dear Jesus...' before breakfast....
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: