Monday, February 27, 2006

continued...feb 27

After I quit the job with the asshole manager (remember? UFW!!), well, actually, I interviewed for my new job before I quit. It was an interview like none I'd ever seen before! It was in a hotel room here in town..I thought that was almost too weird, cuz it seemed almost like a telemarketing interview being in a hotel room! But it was the normal questions/answers for the departments. When I was called up to talk to the produce supv from Lima, he acted like we were old buddies or something! Then he asked if I recognized him. Because he had been in my department in Bucyrus checking it out a couple days before! So I got hired...but the produce supv had really fucked up before he interviewed me. He had already promised the produce mgr job to the produce mgr at another one of the company's stores! But that was okay, he told me that, and I said ok, then he told me I'd be making a lot more than the mgr of the dept, and he wanted me to do most of the ordering, paperwork, etc..that was gonna take some tact on my part (& all the supvs!) to deal with the guy who thought he was gonna be the boss. Oh well, it was ok till a few weeks later when he found out I made more than him...
So I gave a week's notice at my job with shithead boss, (and, yes, I did get my week vacation pay mailed to me before I left!), and my last day there was 1 year & 1 day after I'd started there! And the new store here had a store meeting the night before I quit my old job, but I went to it too. The new store wouldn't open for a week or two, but they wanted us to meet each other, and get the store set up! The meeting ended, I went over to the stairs, to clock out and go home, I heard somebody call my name. Turned around and looked, and it was the 'ex-girlfriend from hell'! She'd be working there too, but, luckily, she wasn't in my dept!! But, she did tell me she'd do anything she could to get me fired...haha, like I was worried! We co-existed in that store till it closed in 1993...and avoided each other like the plague!
This was the Indian ghost store....
Lots of fun stuff happened there, but right now, I remember one of the first hilarious things that happened, and made me really good friends with the customer svc girl at the front. She was in charge of renting the videos out and taking care of everything up front. One time, this really pretty woman came in and was looking at the movies, and M (my friend) was putting returned movies back. The woman looked over at M, and held a popular movie up, and asked if she knew if it was good. M looked at it, and said "My kids just got that the other night & watched it. They liked it, but there was a white woman with a black man in it, & I don't like that too much." (BTW, M's kids were 13 & 15).The woman said "Mmmm...", looked at some other movies, got the first one, and left. About an hour later, the manager came downstairs & told M that woman had called back & wasn't happy, cuz she is married to a black man! I laughed my ASS off at M for that!! So, see? My big mouth isn't the worst one in the world!! Even the store manager made fun of M for that!~! Nobody was making fun of the woman & her husband, just of M's customer svc skills!! But we were great friends after that (I wonder why..). She & I even took Tiff and her kids to Cedar Point the next summer. And after we got home we read a story in the paper the next day that explained why the big roller coaster was closed while we were there...a guy had been fucking around on it, and lost his arm...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!
BTW....>>> a great website!!! http://www.dontdatehimgirl.com/home/

No comments: