Wednesday, February 01, 2006

blah, blah, blah...

Yesterday Kim said that I had such a better time in my life than she did. Truthfully, I guess she's right. She also got married right out of high school, and she's still married to him, they get along good, but it's a life I could never live. She never worked after she got pregnant, and has never wanted to. She and her family live out in the country, right next door to her mother & father-in-law, on the family's pig farm, and her husband & all his brothers run it & work for it. And, no, before anyone asks, they are not rich! She actually used to bitch about being a 'one-income family of five'! Can anyone except me see the irony in this? We kinda 'grew apart' after high school, mostly because I got pregnant in my senior year and got married in April, & had Tiff in Oct (yes, I did graduate!), and Kim was very, extremely jealous of the fact that I had Tiff. She's told me that since then. But Kim was my maid-of-honor...I wasn't even asked to be in her wedding, I'm still trying to remember if I was even invited...
Be that as it may...since then I tried to tell her it wasn't all heavenly getting married in high school, having to take your baby girl & leave him, and get a job, get an apartment, a babysitter, and then volunteer to work as many hours as you could, just to be able to pay your bills. Yeah it worked for me...but, dammit. only because I made it! One time when she was talking about how broke they were, I said why don't you just go get even a part time job? I got "Well, I could go to Delaware or Bucyrus...". I'm like, WTF are you talking about?? There's places here! Turns out...she didn't want anyone seeing her having to work! I don't know where that shit came from...not me, that's for sure. I think it's because they live out of town (she acts like anyone that lives in any town lives in a ghetto!). And the school her kids go to is the one that all the "rich people's kids & doctor's kids" go to. Aaaaauuuuggghhhh...
Anyway...after I was on my own with Tiffany, we started talking again, and we were back to being on the phone every night. She always wanted "details, Libby, details!" from every date I went out on, every night I went out to a bar partying with my friends from work (every Tuesday & Saturday night). So...I'd call her the next day & give her details. I think she always lived her life vicariously through me! Oh, yeah, she mentioned the time that my mom took the phone pluggy-thing out of my room, cuz we were on the phone after 11 pm. We wanted to call someone at midnight, so I sneaked out to the closet with the ironing board in it, got the phone with its wires, brought it back to my room, & Kim & I sat on the floor trying to figure out how to do this. Finally I looked at the wall and saw there were wires in there too, so I told Kim, "Hey, maybe if you twist that color wire with the same color in the wall...". She said "Okay!" She started messing around, and she was 'oh, I think I've got it!'...all of a sudden, the wire went "ZZZZZZZZZT!" and knocked Kim back on her ass!! Now THAT was funny!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: