Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tuesday...more iv steroids starting tomorrow! YAY!



Sorry the cartoon came out too small to read, but, I think you can get the gist of it from the pictures, right?? :-D
And the second picture is the huge cookie/cake Tif got me with a card that made me cry! And she said she had to order my real present, and it's gonna get here Thursday. Oh. And Kevin bought me a windowbox, and a bunch of assorted flowers for it, which he planted with me Sunday morning (after 'So I Married An Axe Murderer' was over, of course.) Then we went to his mom & dad's for their big Mother's Day cookout. Had to be the best Mother's Day I remember...
And I had my Scoots2 over there, and that thing is SO fun on the grass!!
I actually got my real 'inside' wheelchair (battery powered too, of course!) the other day! It is a totally top-of-the-line thing, I guess it cost about $6,000...but thankfully, Kev's insurance paid for it all, and they don't charge any deductible for 'mobility devices'! And it has a zero radius turn! It's really great that I've got both of those things now, but even better that I don't absolutely need them to get around the house yet. I'm doing lots of the exercises that the physical therapist in Cleveland showed me, cuz I can tell they're helping my leg strength! Arm strength I have no problem with, just 'fine motor control' with my hands. Which is why I can't write physically. And you all know, I have absolutely NO balance, but I'll deal. I did fall on my ass, 2 days in a row, and both days I fell backwards against something, and knocked the wind out of myself! Holy Crap!! I've heard of that, but NEVER EVER done it!! I hyperventilated once...when I was having Tif, but...
I woke up today & yesterday, and Spice was sleeping with me on my bed! Holy crap! If I'd rolled over, I would've smushed her! She'd be strawberry jam!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: