Saturday, January 21, 2006

bitchy thoughts...

...Sergei Federov!

I'd like some different opinions on this, if it's not too much of a pain-in-the-ass? I talked to a friend of mine yesterday (no, not Kim!), and she's an old friend that's always been married to the same guy, and never worked, always been a stay-at-home mom, whereas I've been divorced, and never been a stay-at-home mom since Tiff was one. Basically, every time I talked to her since we've both had kids, she always made it clear that she thought that 'having a job' and 'raising kids' were two totally incompatible things. I always bit my tongue, never said shit about it, even though, you know me, I had shit to say about it coming out my friggin' ears!! But, I was polite...I knew someday "my way" would prove that I was right!
So, yesterday, she called me & was really mad at her daughter, who downloaded some illegal shit off the internet, & she got a big ol' letter from the company....etc...This is a 20 yr old girl, who has wrecked 2 cars, had really bad problems with a lot of people in high school, and of course the mom was always right there saying 'but it wasn't her fault!' Because the daughter was a cheerleader, a straight A student, etc...Man, do I know the shit you can get away with if you have straight A's!. So now the daughter's in college, living at home...somewhat, anyway, as I was told yesterday...
She's now dating a married-but-separated man (aren't they all?), and it actually seems to the mom that she's more or less living with him in his new apartment! But she comes home to do her laundry...and, I'm not sure, but I think Mom & Dad are paying for the part of college that she hasn't gotten a scholarship for...hmmm...
So, yeah, you KNOW I'm feeling all proud of Tiff now, seeing as I always told this woman it was better for her girl to not have Mommy right there over her shoulder, to jump in & 'handle' things for her. I dunno...it's just how I feel. I think part of the best things we ever taught Tiff was 'NEVER lie' and you'll never be able to say you only did something cuz this person or that person 'made you'!! We had those rules since she was, like, old enough to talk! Phheeewwww!! Glad we did, now it's actually been proven to me that it was the right way to go!
And, yup, she and Zach are still together, they went to a friend's wedding in Toledo last weekend, and Tiff caught the bouquet...God help us all! (HA!) No, I'd love this! I've told Tiff since she was in 10th grade that I thought Zach was the one she should've stayed with!! And it's really cool that now, when she's 22, she told me the other day "Oh, Mom, I love him SO much!!" We both decided that that's what their relationship needed...a few years apart! And she agrees! I told her "yeah...now you know what else is out there...run away from them!!" So he graduates from college in May with a double major, and after that, he's going to law school. His regular college was paid for with the full ride scholarship he got, now he's hoping for some kind of law school help, cuz he's in the top 20% of his class, and I was sittin' on this computer while he was on Tiff's across the room checking his exam grades........they were ALL A'S !!!!! Geez...brainiac...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: