Wednesday, January 04, 2006

hilda...


We used to have a maid/cleaning lady that came to our house once a week when I was a kid & hung out with Kim all the time...(age 12 - on). In that big 3 story house, the one Kim peed out the attic window, remember?
She used to show up every Thursday, and just scrub, and clean everything! Wow...wish I had one of those! Oh, I do! Kevin! (that's not funny, I know!). Anyway, her name wasn't even Hilda (but that's just funny, & how we referred to her...behind her back!). In the summer, Kim stayed with me practically nonstop, except when we wanted to go swimming in her pool. (we WERE little shits, remember?). Mom used to tell me to go get my room cleaned up (like, pick my junk up off the floor in my room) starting about Tuesdays when I got home from school...yeah, it would take that long. I would always say "Well, isn't Carol the cleaning lady?? Why should I clean? That's what you pay HER for!!" My God, I should've been slapped! Hmmmm...can everybody say "Spoiled little bitch"? All together now...
Every Thursday morning arround 10, Carol'd knock on my door, and bellow loudly, "Are you up yet, girls? I need to run the vacuum cleaner in there, and do the dusting!" And we'd get up & head for the bathroom with loud stretches & groans, of course....
One Saturday night we watched "Saturday Night Live". You know, back in ther late 70's/early 80's, when it was good!!!! IMHO, of course!! They had a skit on there called 'The Holiday Inn Horror'. Now THAT was funny! So, when Carol knocked on the door that Thursday, of course we looked at each other & died laughing, whispering "I clean now!!" like the Hilda in the SNL thingy!! Okay...you all hate me now, dontcha>? I somehow got blessed...Tiffany NEVER was like that with me! Except the one time when she was 15, and I told her how to do something (being helpful, not bossy!), and she got the teenager's attitude and said, "Maybe next you could teach me to walk on water?" I surprised her by not getting mad...but laughing, and giving her a hi-five!!

BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: