Tuesday, July 24, 2007

i actually saw 2 old 'twilight zones' this morning!!

The house with the turret is just, well, a house, but damn, what I wouldn't give for one of those! Do you have any idea how much reading & writing I could do up there?? The house next to it on the right used to be just a big house, but the water company's office is there now...and it's still perfect!!
This is the triangle corner with a huge church in the middle; straight across the picture, on the left, is the office where my orthodontist was (I ALWAYS hated going there, didn't everybody who had to?.) My old house was halfway between the water company, and this church.
Okay...enough of memory lane stuff! I'm scared of what Monster warned about...falling in a pothole!
Scary Monster did give me some questions, I'm going to answer them here, and anyone else who wants 5 questions leave a remark in the comments that says "interview me" and I'll getcha...c'mon..I have a LOT of questions for everybody!!
1. What was your favorite TV sitcom when you were growing up?
Well, it has to be between 'All In The Family' (you knew that one, right?), or 'Family Ties'...I had/have the hugest crush on Michael J Fox!
2. If you could escape into one novel, which one would it be and what character would you be?
This is gonna sound weird, but I'd have to say "It" by Stephen King, and I'd be Mike Hanlon, I think that's him. He's the one of all his friends that stayed in their hometown, and, basically, that's me!! But, he was also kinda the 'hero' that called everyone and told them to come home again, It's back, & we need to get rid of it for good!
3. Three words that make you smile/three words that anger you?
hmmm...this is hard...
> Chocolate?
> Autumn
> ghosts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>You can't...
>Don't...
>No...
4. Is there a job that you would never do for any amount of money?
Well...maybe being a scuba diver for Roto-Rooter...but, everything else is on the table...
5. The world as you see it; good or bad; getting better, or worse?
Well, at the moment, it seems 'uneasy', as if it's getting ready to make a movement toward one or the other...but, sad to say, I think it's getting worse forever. Our parents used to worry about 'the Bomb', and they had "fallout shelters" in the basements of our schools, the kids used to have to practice hiding under their desks at school in case we got bombed. Since 9/11, nobody in the United States can say 'nobody'll ever get us!'. No, we're not "safe" now...but then again...were we ever, or were we just telling ourselves that? Or was it simply the fact that nobody in the U.S. had ever, ever imagined that there was anybody in the world that would die so they could kill another person?
Aw, geez, that was more thinking than I thought it would be! But, c'mon, you'll have fun!
Well, I think I'm all typed out. I know I had something on my mind to write about today, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: