Monday, July 16, 2007

July 15, 2007, after reunion

Okay...this is the front of the Central Christian Church, formerly, the Kings' mansion. What's really cool is that the King family lived here before they lived in the house I grew up in, and they're the ones we bought that house from when I was 2.

And, looking into the history of the area, this was originally their carriage house!
All this stuff is within about 10 blocks of where I currently live, and about 3 blocks from the house I grew up in, and 2 blocks from the Harding Home, which was behind the house I grew up in.
We had a really good reunion today! It was good enough that I didn't even realize that it was 6 or 7 pm when Bro said we were leaving, and we'd been there since 1:30! And, maybe, best of all...their house is so big, I never even saw Psycho, until I went past him going out to Bro's SUV to leave. He was sitting out in the garage talking to Uncle D, Mom's 'baby' brother (yeah, he's 70-something). No, that's wrong of me, I know...but...I'm nothing if I'm not honest!...we should all be so lucky to do that, right?
Anyway, it was really neat to see everyone again, I haven't seen everybody together, and all happy to see each other, ever! And there were a few people that I felt really stupid because I didn't recognize them right away, and I was really glad that Bro's daughter (niece A) was beside me so I could whisper "Who's that?". Duhhhh! That's awful!! I knew all these people WAY before she was born!! But it's a little bit different when the girl you're wondering about is about niece A's age, and she has 2 kids...it was one of my cousins' daughters! I could see it when she was standing beside me talking to niece & me, but until then...What's funny is that when we were all at Grandma's farm on Sundays, when Boo & were teenagers, this girl was about 5, and used to follow us EVERYWHERE, no matter how hard we tried to lose her!
All right, I know, this is getting confusing, so I'm gonna go and watch another of my favorite tv shows, 'Girls Behaving Badly'. I absolutely love this show! It sounds like it'd be x-rated or something, but it's not, it's a bunch of women in their early 20's just playing pranks on regular people, like one of them is dressed up in dodgeball clothes, and she runs up to a random person at a mall, hands them a rubber dodgeball, and yells 'Cover me!', and promptly throws her own dodgeball at a customer's head, and runs after it hits them. Then both those people look at each other, like, WTF?? This is gettin' good...one's in a porta-potty, yelling "Hey! Help me! I can't find the phone in this phone booth!!"
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: