Tuesday, November 08, 2005

stormy Tuesday....




Had to do this! Okay....the picture on the top is next door to my old house, it is always thought of with good memories. When my mom & dad moved in next door with me, Helen & Lorene thought I was like a Christmas present for them, too, after all, I was only 2 when we moved there. So, here's 2 widowed friends living in the downstairs part of the house, and their third friend lived in the upstairs half...and, well I had never heard of the term 'elegant' at that age, but the whole house was, inside & out! I was close to all, but Helen used to take me Christmas shopping for my mom & dad & 2 brothers every year starting when I was about 5 or 6....and we'd always finish up with going to McDonald's by the mall, and I had a whole Big Mac! (was a big deal then...look at what you thought was heaven at 5 or 6!) Oh, and remember...Big Macs came in a big styrofoam box, and everything! Then we'd go home, and I'd stay at Helen's and wrap all the presents...and I used to hide them in Helen's house, so nobody'd find them! ...unfortunately, sometimes I hid them TOO well...
The other two pictures I took last week at the cemetary when Kim & I went out last week. I'm really glad I took the picture of the burning bush (is that what it is?), cuz Kevin told me yesterday that they have them all around the Verizon building he works at, and by yesterday...there were no leaves left on them! And the other picture is obviously in the cemetary. It's of that gravestone with the great big ball on top (the Merchants' memorial), surrounded by a circle of bowling ball sized ones. I wanted that picture because the ball is a big mystery to everyone (I even bought a little paperback book from eBay once [yes, for a penny + shipping], and it was a collection of short scary stories, and it had a whole story about it! even told what town, what graveyard, on the east end of it. Anyway, the ball turns slowly. You can even see the dark part of the ball that used to be on the bottom. We always used to go out to the cemetary at night when I was in high school, and look at it, try to see it moving. We always gave up on that, it was much more fun to just hide behind big gravestones, and jump out & scare each other! Anyway, I just thought it was cool...another Kim & Libby story tomorrow (I know, you're all waiting with bated breath...).
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: