Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday....


My brother brought Mom home from the hospital Tuesday...now she's at home with Dad, and, actually, well, she told me the first time I called her after she got home she wished she was back in the hospital. Not because she feels bad physically, but because my dad is driving her crazy. I guess he's being his usual happy-go-lucky self...not! No, my dad has always been the crabbiest person I know, and bossiest...he was a pretty big boss at work, he must have been hell to work for. I know when he retired from his job, when I was a junior in high school, he never had friends that called him or anything. I thought that was weird at the time, but as I've gotten older, I realized you reap what you sow....
When I talked to Mom yesterday at 10 am, she was really pissed, & I don't blame her a bit! Wouldn't you think that when a person has been in the hospital for 4 days, had a lung biopsy, and been told that she has stage 4 lung cancer, she ought to be in bed, not doing SHIT, trying to get used to everything you've learned? Well, turns out Mom had to make dinner Tuesday night & clean up after, of course, yesterday he yelled at her to make his coffee, then while we were on the phone, he was yelling at her that he wanted her to make him a scrambled egg for breakfast...
...and here I sit, halfway across town, and I can't drive to get over there or anything, and she better not drive either...Kev's at work, Tiff's at work...I was on the phone with her this morning, and heard the other phone click a couple times when he picked up the phone to listen. Unbelievable! Now does everybody understand WHY I got pregnant & married before I graduated? And when I took Tiffany & left him, I rented an apartment for me & Tiff...no freakin' WAY was I gonna go home, even though they wanted us to.
Mom told me on the phone today that my older (not oldest) brother is coming over today, and the two of them are gonna go check out an assisted living/nursing home for them today. He & I talked about it over the weekend, and, honestly, Dad's the one that needs a nursing home, but assisted living will be good for mom too. Brother's been going through all their insurance papers to check stuff out all weekend, they still have his ins from work,+ Medicare, & Social Security, pension, so a lot of stuff'll be taken care of...the whole thing just sucks ass, that's all! When they sold the big 3 story house in 1986, & bought the one story house, everything was supposed to be perfect, wasn't it???? SHIT!!!
But I'm awful glad I had the steroids when I did, so I still feel good enough to deal with this. Oh, by the way, I found a really good breakfast today...a 1/4 gallon of Nestle's French Vanilla Ice Cream!! Mmmmmmmm....
Libby

No comments: