Wednesday, May 31, 2006

....

All right...that cat with its nasty nuts hanging out totally creeped me out too much!! Back to some funny pictures....

Kim called me today and said, "What'd ya want?" I said WTF are you talking about?? She said "your message said you wanted to tell me something..." I finally figured out that I had called Kim's number earlier, instead of my mom's, but I thought it was my mom's number!!

All Kim said after I told her that I meant to call Mom instead, was..."Alzheimer's..."

Well, the only new stuff that's up is that Dad saw his regular dr yesterday & he did a cat scan and said that Dad had had a series of small strokes in the last week. That explains a lot, and in my opinion, he's in the right place now because he's always had a fear of strokes, almost all of his brothers died from them.




However, his doctor said that if Dad's not gonna eat or drink (which he won't...he's severely dehydrated now....), he's gonna put a feeding tube in his stomach (think Terri Schiavo, except Dad could eat if he wanted to!). So that's what's gonna happen soon.

Meanwhile, Mom's doctors are working to schedule chemo for her. That's probably gonna start in the next week or so...

Another Kim & Libby as 15/16 yr olds story...

After Kim decided she wanted to go to the vocational school in town here, cuz she said "I'm not smart enough for college, anyway" I think she could've been better than her grades in school showed, she just didn't want to study (read-too lazy to study)..but...just my opinion. I was told I was smart enough for college, but I just didn't want to go, so I threw a fit at home and Mom & Dad let me transfer out there too, even though I was in accelerated classes geared toward college, as long as I took the data processing class. Kim was in a secretarial class, right next to the class I was in. It was one great big room with typewriters at every desk, computers at our desks (you know...the 'smart kids' class..lol)...and, yes, we had to write computer programs in the BASIC language..soon to be followed by COBOL...shit..how old am I now?

Anyway, so Kim and I sat at two desks that were next to each other, even though we were in different classes, and I was always making smartass remarks to her about her teacher (who honestly WAS a total ditz). So we were always making fun of her, even when her teacher went to my teacher, & they conspired to move my desk!! It's amazing how many times an hour I was able to walk over by Kim! Mostly because my teacher thought her teacher was as stupid as we did!! He even told us! Finally, we must've pushed Mrs B over the edge, cuz Mom cornered me after school one night and said the school called and she & Kim's mom, both of us, & Mrs B were meeting the next morinng at 9 in Mr P's office (he was the superintendent!), and she practically cried (well,ok, she did cry) "what did you do THIS time, Libby??" Crap! Can't that teacher take it?? What a WIMP!!

So, we had the meeting, we talked our way out of trouble because not only was her teacher crying, Mom was too...and Mr P pretty much wrote the whole thing off as "women's vapors". Kim's mom just got pissed at Kim, and told her "quit hanging around with Libby! She's a troublemaker!" Well, okay, I was, but, you hafta remember...I was the idea person...Kim was the one that would actually DO it, if it sounded funny!! And the Kim & Libby sagas go on today...

Libby

No comments: