Wednesday, April 25, 2007

wednesday

Now, I think I want this for my Halloween costume this year...


Are you sure this isn't 'Are You Smarter Than A Fifth-Grader? Oh...my mistake...it's 'Are You Smarter Than a Guppy?'

Cool! I'm gonna start planting stuff in the backyard soon...I knew the internet would be the best place to get ideas!!


No, seriously, I'd love to plant shrubs here and there in the yard...but we don't have a dog to water them...heh. But this year I'll be doing something I've never done before...planting anything that doesn't die as soon as the sun touches it! Cuz I've only planted impatiens in the front yard...they thrive in shade, and that's all there is in the front! I always loved making my own hanging baskets....I always put a whole flat in each basket, and you couldn't buy one that looked that good.
I have a question that's bugging me..can ya help me? Okay, and this is pretty much directed to anybody that's 40 or older. For the last 10-15 years, it's all been "it's all about the children!"...when WE were 'the children', it was "Don't talk back!" or "respect your elders", or "Children should be seen and not heard"...now it's getting to where even dogs are welcomed at motels, restaurants, swimming pools, malls...WTF??? Our generation missed out on EVERYTHING!! Think about it...when's it gonna be OUR TURN?? Maybe we need a revolution!!

Did anyone here have a pony or a horse when they were growing up? Yeah, yeah, I knew you would *spoiled little brat*....sorry, that's just the snotty 'city kid' attitude...
Anyway, yeah, all my friends and me wanted ponies when we were kids...until we got older and realized how much work they were, and that even if we HAD the room, our moms & dads wouldn't do the work for us...damn...
But, my cousin Boo had the best deal of all...she & her mom & dad lived on the road over from my Grandma's house, but they just had a house in the woods, no farm. But of course, there's always room for one more in the 'manger', so....guess who got a pony? Boo, of course! But we were all little kids then, so nobody got the pony out except UncleX.
One Sunday, on one of our weekly visits, UncleX got the pony out of the barn for Boo & me to ride. Oh, we were so excited! We all took the pony to one of the fields across the road, and Boo & I took turns riding from the ditch back to the patch of woods behind the field and back. By the way, the pony's name was Molly, and I can't believe I remember that, cuz I was only about 7! Boo took Molly back to the woods and back, gave me the reins, and I went. That went on for awhile til Grandma yelled "dinnertime!".We were standing there looking up at UncleX, and he said "anyone want one last ride? I said no cuz I was FAR too hungry to waste time with this! Boo said yes, being the expert horsewoman that SHE was! Okay, she gets on Molly, and they start at a steady pace back to the woods. All of a sudden, the pace quickens, to a trot, UncleX knew that the next step would've been a gallop , so he takes off running after Boo...but he didn't get to them in time, and Molly ran for the trees, and under a low-hanging branch, and she just scraped Boo off!! Damn, that was funny! I STILL hear how that was supposed to be my turn, but I gave it up to her, and Molly must've thought it was ME on her back, not Boo!! But I can't help it, I was starving!! :-D I do know she sat on a cushion at dinner...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: